ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going looking at a ph1 tommorow

audi a6 3.0tdi
I've found what seems to be the perfect ph1 so i'm going having a look at it tommorow. I don't really want another clio but if this is as good as its been made out i'll have to buy it. I'm not going to post a link yet but i'll post pics if i get it tommorow.

May be on for owning my 3rd ph1 clio.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What a pointless thread!!

What makes it so special you wee homo?

audi a6 3.0tdi
one owner from new, 82k just had belts done big folder of reciept and invoices for all work carried out and 100% standard. And best of all it oddyssy blue. if it was any other colour i wouldn't have even considered it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Every 1 is buying ph1's. Lol I pick up a black 85k 1 tomorrow. Mechanically mint but needs abit of TLC on the outside. Belts done and full history for a bargain price aswell. Oh and alloy bonnet and change up light aswell which is a bonus.

There's a lad on here selling a blue 1 with ph2 wheels that doesn't look too bad and don't think he's after massive amounts.

audi a6 3.0tdi
yeah its gone that. I'm not really after one but if its good i'll get it as it reminds me of my old blue one. I had a black one but never liked that the same as the blue one. Both mine have been stripped out this is staying standard ish if i get it.

my blue one i loved before it died a painfull death

SP_A0183.jpg

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I think I've seen the advert for this car, only thing that stood out to me was that the advert was nearly a month old. You'd think it would have been bought in that time.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I don't think blue is a popular colour though, I never really thought it suited the clio, probably because there havent been many decent examples about

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
lots of crazy prices for Ph1s. Brembo on here punted up an advert for his Ph1 which he got £3300 for this time last year with sub 40k on it.

Im sure this weather youd do well to get £2400 for it given the price of 70-90k milers which are running around £1400-1800!

audi a6 3.0tdi
the advert for it is really bad hardly any info at all which certainly won't help sell it. But after taking a small amount of effort to ring up about it i found that it has folder full of history and invoices and the owner is a rally driver and has a team of mechanics so anything that has been needed has been done. it still might be rubbish but its worth a look and i'm not offering anywhere near the asking price. I sold my last one for £1500 and i bought it for £1300 so i'm not paying over the odds for it.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Well i bought it!

i pulled up to this house which must have been worth about 500 grand with the clio and an evo 10 fq330 on the drive and was hoping it was going to be s**t as i told everyone i'd never have a clio again but it is honestly the best clio 172/182 i've driven. bodywork has a few scratchs but the panels are suprisingly straight for a ten year old car. I have a huge pile of ten years worth of reciepts with ever little thing accounted for. Its even got the strap holding the phase one airbox on which is rare these days. The leather has next to no wear and there is minimal wear on the alcantara

to finish of he showed us his full rally spec fiesta st150 that he competed in last year that thing was ammazing. Overall i'm a very happy chappy.

audi a6 3.0tdi
this is staying standard its even got dealer stickers on the back window. You'd be amazed with the interior only the drivers seat has a little bobbling nut the rest look like new.

Always had a soft spot for ph1 172, wish i could afford to run one as a second car, how much did you pay for it in the end then?

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Just seen pics in Media mate, looks very tidy. Took me ages to decide whether I liked the look of the phase 1 before buying mine, but now the more I see them the more I like them............

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Always liked ph1's

I've decided if I ever smack the front of the 172 I'll fit a ph1 front end!