ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going low...

Renault Clio 1.6 RXE
How low can a clio go before you have to start doing stuff to the chassis ? Getting coilovers in January so need to know haha

I'm on 140mm coilovers about 80mm down at front and all the way down at back... Remove the rear adjusters and lower the front down as far as it goes and I'm sure the front would be sat on the floor :) there is a few inches left at the front between the splitter and the floor at current height which is where I am making the educated guess comes from...

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Front bumper brackets are the only problem i've had.

Sorted by modifying the bracket angle...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Photo010A.jpg

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Im going to hire mine up at the front..Im rubbing on the actual underside of the arch directly above the tyre..Its a solid bit of the arch that sticks out a bit so cannot be moved or bent.Im not even that low

Clio 1.2
I'm on 140mm coilovers about 80mm down at front and all the way down at back... Remove the rear adjusters and lower the front down as far as it goes and I'm sure the front would be sat on the floor :) there is a few inches left at the front between the splitter and the floor at current height which is where I am making the educated guess comes from...

How all the way down on the back?
I have separate dampers and springs on the back...

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
On the rears, take out the arch liners and you can go very low! i had custom 100mm springs on the rear with no problems, then raised it up because it was a little too low!

on the front, the first thing to hit is the arch liners......

take out the arch liners and you can go lower until the shaft hit on the inner wing.....

cut and weld the lip on the inner wing and you can go lower, until the ARB hits on the subframe due to the angle of the wishbones......

(this is where i stopped)
IMG_0020.jpg

you CAN remove the ARB to go even lower, but i never went this far, and youd soon find the shafts hitting the chassis rails again

Rear spings came with an adjuster thing to boost them up because the springs are tiny and the dampers are seperate :) gunna take those out and go a little lower at the front once I measure it all up properly and get some spacers and run proper stretch on the wheels so the wheels sit flush with the arches, maybe 10mm all round tops 15mm (spacers) once I have stretch...but that stance will have to wait until my car is no longer used for the weekly shop at uni... :(

clio sport ph 1
Why so low ?? I even get pissed off the stiffness off my supspenion on normal driving. But so low how do you drive ?? Can you get anywhere? Is it for te look?? And with jacking/ramp it's a ballache.

Clio 172 turbo
This. Entirely pointless chasing 'lows' on any car IMO. If you'd said - 'what's the best height for improved handling performance' it would be a different story. Ignore me though, I'm clearly too old for this 'scene' sh1t.

Some people like lows others don't. Its a love it or hate it thing. Me i love my cars being low its just good fun its different and stands out.

Clio 172 turbo
This. Entirely pointless chasing 'lows' on any car IMO. If you'd said - 'what's the best height for improved handling performance' it would be a different story. Ignore me though, I'm clearly too old for this 'scene' sh1t.

Some people like lows others don't. Its a love it or hate it thing. Me i love my cars being low its just good fun its different and stands out.

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
mine used to scrape on the front when it was lowered about 70/80mm with 17's on. I just took too the unnecessary parts with a dremmel. Now on 15" pepperpots its wound much lower and no adjusters on the back. Tyres don't rub at all, splitter scrapes on everything, but that's all i've found so far