ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going lower and wider

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Hi, looking too go maybe up to 40mm on standard shocks, will this work? Then want maybe some 20mm hubcentric spacers, will I rub on the arches, anymore advice towards either of these mods would be appreciated dont really know what I'm doing 100%

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Originals I'm guessing not had car long really don't know , I want too go up to 40mm lower, 15" mk2 ph3 3 wheels

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Think when I last looked on eBay there was apex or pi springs, was gonna go with 20mm spacers if that's what you mean?

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Did you use on track though? What they like on English roads?
Is fitting them a DIY job or better taken to a garage then they can advise me if shock absorbers need doing

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
May just go with them and give them to a garage , will take them a tenth of the time it will take me, and they'll have stuff available to them if they need it, I only have DIY stuff really

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Could do with it doing anyway as I hit such a big pothole the other day and dented the outer rim of the wheel which I'm annoyed about. What would the labour hours be? I'm guessing 4 hours max?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Might be worth getting a new wheel if it’s danaged?. Labour 1-2 hours depending on if the bolts are an ass to remove.

I would say 40-60 labour.
30 ish for tracking.

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
I think it's just cosmetically unpleasing to the eye I think will try take a photo tomorrow and get another opinion, so looking at around £200 all in which isn't bad

I had bad rubbing with 30mm springs and 16mm spacers on the 182 running 205's, but it was purely just a naff damper. Runs fine with new shocks now

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Mines 185's though I think maybe 175, would just have too try and see I guess, don't they'll put me in load of debt

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
@JB21 do you have a pic of how low it sat with the amax springs fitted, or would it sit lower as a 182 is lower as standard

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Totally forgot about pic of the wheel just remebered when I got home this evening
IMG_20180215_165824.jpg
IMG_20180215_165800.jpg

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Springs and dampers all fitted, 8 hours In total not too bad for first go

Before
IMG_20180217_172052.jpg

After
IMG_20180405_160318.jpg

Have a slight bit of play in rear shocks, will they bed In or should I put some shims on the end of the shocks too space them out?

@1600.clio

Just suggesting an upgrade. I had a 1.6 and they're fun, but even now on my 182 Ive realised ive done things in the wrong order or wasted money, I went for 4 pots before I even had springs etc, now got springs am getting coil overs.. Should of just got good tyres, coil overs and some fresh bushings and then thought about other stuff

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Yeah love it, great fun! Yeah will need some new tyres soon and want a full set, unsure what pots are? Haha
Don't think I'm gonna do much else too it now quite happy with it now

4 pot calipers, from the clio 197/megane 225. Definitely look at some good rubber, regardless if its a 1.6 it will make a difference and be safer, I remember getting the back end out on mine sometimes purely down to crap tyres!

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
I see what you mean now, yeah want low profile tyres definitely, yeah I span my 1.2 360 degrees going around a roundabout about once, the scariest part was the Audi A6 I nearly hit :/