ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf Gti 2.0

Ive just been out in my mates brand new golf gti.. The build quality is really good but I wasnt impressed with the performance and the lack of toys

But a really nice crusing car

GR7

Shiny red R32

Manchester looked VERY wet the other night for the closing of the Commonwealth Games!

Up here in Scotland we are basking in a heatwave! Arent we BenH?

Erm...I guess for Scotland maybe!

The 2.0 115bhp GTi doesnt deserve the badge if you ask me. It doesnt get it abroad - its simply a 2.0 badged Golf (so if you see a 2.0 badged Golf, its an import).

My girlfriends dad has one and its basically tuned to deliver loads of torque at low revs, rather than being a screaming high-rev sports model like the 16v or 172. It does 0-60 in 10.5 seconds and would probably have trouble pulling away from a Clio 1.4 8v RT. Its quite a lot slower in fact than a Mk1 Golf GTi (a la 1977 if Im correct).

Id never put my money in one unless I was living in the city, where speed just did not matter. Its just a shame as its damaging VWs reputation even more as a credible hot-hatch maker to keep it badged as a GTi.

On the plus side, its very well built and finished - but then so are Renaults these days.