ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

golf mk5 gti quicker than 182.....?

Black 197
in the description he mentions nothing modification wise, just weights and passengers....but even with a remap 20-30bhp would the extra weight compensate? the clio driver did seem to be gunning it too. I must admit it does seem to be a quick golf

Mk4 .:R32
I've had a do with a mk5 golf gti and it was pretty even. Over 100mph the golf will pull away though

Nippy white cup
I had numerous plays with my m8s Std Mk5 and no matter what the passage says if the 182 was trying then the golf was remapped. As std mine was a fair bit quicker (although tbh not as much as I thought it would be) but after the remap from 40-120 doo dahs I could just about hang on within a cars length...after that and it is goodbye very quickly lol

Chris

Nippy white cup
True....although my m8s speedo was way off at higher speeds. He pulled up a hill here at over 120 (with 3 passengers) where mine would pretty much hit 120 and not much more...yet me vs him with no passengers and I past him pretty well.

Of course his ed30 with a remap when he gets it will be a slightly different prospect lol

Chris

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Mk5 GTI is pretty much same speed as 1*2 up to silly speeds. A 225/230 meg will slowly pull away.

cock mobile.
I had a play with an Edt 30 on the roll from about 30 and I convincingly won with a fair amount of ease, yes he was trying and all that jazz.

Still love them tho, and if money didn't come into it I'd have an Edt 30 with DSG over the R26.

EP3 Civic Type R
in the description he mentions nothing modification wise, just weights and passengers....but even with a remap 20-30bhp would the extra weight compensate? the clio driver did seem to be gunning it too. I must admit it does seem to be a quick golf

Remaps going to give more than 20bhp mate, and ALOT more torques

Black 197
I had a play with an Edt 30 on the roll from about 30 and I convincingly won with a fair amount of ease, yes he was trying and all that jazz.

Still love them tho, and if money didn't come into it I'd have an Edt 30 with DSG over the R26.

im not keen on the look of the edition 30's, too much colour on the bumpers. shame you cant get that engine in standard gti, then map it up to 300bhp as opposed to 240-260 on th standard ones

Nippy white cup
Not sure about that fella....I reckon I could just hold on to a V6 till higher speeds but an Ed 30 I would be quicker than

Chris

Tangoed Works
lol cup ownage, but true that golf has had mods or the clio driver missed a shift. It would never pass that easily.