ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gone in 60 seconds

3076682149_1986fb50d7_b.jpg

3077550344_702c1efc75_b.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Still one of the best cars the world has ever seen.

On pure looks, it's hard to beat.

E87 118d M Sport
this is the best looking car on the planet. ive got that film on VHS, DVD and BLU-RAY. havent got the heart to throw any of them away.

OMFG if i won the lottery!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
There is no such thing as an "Eleanor" Mustang did you know ?

The mustang in the above pic is GT500 "67" Shelby

In the first Gone in 60 seconds they nicknamed the mach 1 Mustang in the list of cars they had to steal "Eleanor"

The original film hoasts the longest car chase ever used on a film - its much better than the Nicholas cage copy !!!

1971YellowBoss351.jpg

Gone20in206020Seconds202000.jpg

mach1.jpg

There's a few old car movies I need to sit down and watch and that's one of them. I'm ashamed to admit I've never watched le mans or grand prix either.

I posted a thread up for your attention in here the other week Matt ;)

There is no such thing as an "Eleanor" Mustang did you know ?

The mustang in the above pic is GT500 "67" Shelby

In the first Gone in 60 seconds they nicknamed the mach 1 Mustang in the list of cars they had to steal "Eleanor"

LOL I think anyyone with any common sense realises that there isn't really an 'Eleanor Mustang'. They do.... don't they?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
it is too fussy for my liking. looks good, but not my favourite.

Toyota MR2
yes yes we no lol. Eleanor was the name. They made 12 of the cars in total 2 of them were crashed 10 survived the film but some were dismantled and destroyed after filming. 2 of few which remain have come up for sale recently a few were made from scraped 67 mustangs and built back up. 1 of the 12 never made it onto the film set another was a prototype. Hitting the nos when it was already redlining at 7000 rpm was never realistic ;)

Renaultsport Clio 182
my all time favourite car

looked into doing this a while back, body kit with wheels ect all in was about £3000, whilst i wouldnt of been able to afford a GT500 i was looking at a big engine 67 Fastback which is the base for the GT500 and it would be a hell of alot cheaper than £100k!!

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
y are the exhuast diff though? the orignals had side exits didnt they? the one for sale looks pony with rear exists.

Renaultsport Clio 182
the standard car had rear exits, side exits were on the car for the film, the one in the film wasnt a standard car you know, they dont all have the red button!...if only!!

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
the standard car had rear exits, side exits were on the car for the film, the one in the film wasnt a standard car you know, they dont all have the red button!...if only!!

well yer i no about the red button lol, side exits ftw

Meg R26, Nissan 200sx S13
Gone in 60 seconds made me hate the car TBH, dont know why theres so much hype about them, chargers look meaner :) (but even they were ruined by TFATF)

Love decent old mustangs.

When in Nz i came accross a mustang meet. 20+ old mustangs all in mint condition. I creamed myself.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Theres an 'Eleanor' kit thats sold for mustangs, I remember chip foose using one or talking about one on overhaulin

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
I am in love with freaking Elanor..
Just watched this movie again last week. Just the freaking sound of the menace. God!