ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gone Retro... Sort of!

Swift Sport
I thought I'd pop out this afternoon with my camera and get some pictures of the Mazda with its new door roundels... It polished up nicely considering it's been stood about all winter :). I love this car, one of my favourites everrrrrrr!

16561860455_e8fb7e3e85_c.jpg

15941664523_9e8143a2d6_c.jpg

16561206862_3827ff24cd_c.jpg

16535848036_b95dafc56c_c.jpg

16561863005_241cfafc40_c.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Sorry dude, hate the sticker.
But love that Nardi!

I'm not a fan of the roundels either but the rest of the car looks spot on, especially the wheels and interior.

Swift Sport
Looks like the roundels don't go down well with Clio owners lol. They're quite a popular accessory in the MX-5 world, and I think they suit a green roadster! They're staying for now anyway :)

Lol. I don't mind them. Just don't know what the point is? Looks like you forgot to put your driver number on it [emoji14]

In my mind it makes it look more track focused, which is good [emoji41]

Swift Sport
This is the inspiration behind it...
lotus-elan-race-car-028_sm.jpg

I'm not the first and won't be the last to copy it... I might be competing in a sprint series this year anyway so they might come in handy :)

Swift Sport
Apparently the police can be funny about numbers but I don't know what the legislation is, maybe @Sunglasses_Ron will know?

Curborough Sprint Course are funny about it, and I'm a regular there so the numbers will be staying off lol.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Nice looking car.
As for numbers iirc the police are not bothered about them as they can identify the car easier, and rally cars are road legal and drive with numbers on

SQ5
Nice looking car.
As for numbers iirc the police are not bothered about them as they can identify the car easier, and rally cars are road legal and drive with numbers on

It's not illegal but will void your insurance.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
How if you declare it?
I see loads of Subaru's with the 555 livery, I also regularly see a local Celica with this livery and a number.
photo3-21.jpg

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Two comments, well three actualy.
The MSA take a dim view of people driving cars on the road with competition numbers thereon when they are not actually competing at that time. Sprints/hillclimbs etc, different numbers used for every event so you have to change them anyway. Most people with dark coloured cars just put white numbers directly onto the (polished) bodywork, because they peel off easily after the event, and if you do it carefully and put it back onto the backing paper it can be re-used.(saves running out of a particular digit and have to run round buying more once the entry list has revealed your next number).
As for having roundels permanently on the car, they become shabby very quickly, which is why most people no longer use them.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Oh, and why advertise to the constabulary that you are a posible motorsports competitor? It probably just makes them keep more of an eye on you, because you are likely to be a either a boy racer, or someone who is testing a road legal competition car and therefore habitually firewalls it..

SQ5
How if you declare it?
I see loads of Subaru's with the 555 livery, I also regularly see a local Celica with this livery and a number.
photo3-21.jpg

If you declare it and you are insured for racing then I'm sure it's legal, but when used on the road it should have a line through it.

There was a thread years ago on here, search function isn't great though!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Having numbers on the side of your car =/= competing in motorsport. Although slightly bent if not.

Blank roundels look good, certainly reminds me of a lot of racers, without pretending too hard to be one. However as stated they will get tatty.

SQ5
I've found this

MSA Reg Q11.1.2 states "Competition numbers must be covered at all times when driving on the public highway" It used to say ".....and preferably removed.....".

So if you have an MSA logbook or licence and its used on the road then it needs a cross.

I'm sure one of the insurance providers on here will know

@Neil@greenlight

Listerine & Poledo
Mazda already have a racing colourscheme
Mazda_787B_2008_Motorsport_Japan.jpg

PH_MX5BBRLeMans_01-L.jpg

I wouldn't have gone and raped the Lotus elan heritage, but seeing as you are, may as well go full on........
Eunos_Lotus_Badge.jpg

You know it makes sense :wink: