ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gone with a Bang!

Pulled off the pavement today and put my foot down in 1st...heard a loud bang and the the gear stick jolted back! The car is now stuck in second and the gear stick is wobbly?? any ideas???

its all under warenty so i dont really care but it dont look good! im hopping its the gear selector just popped off or something? but i cant expain y it went into second?

Nissan R35 GT-R

New Clios dont have clutch cables mate. Come to think of it, I think every new car has a hydraulic clutch.

Called Renault assistance today and they sent out an AA man ..He took a look under the Car and his first words were....Oooo i havent seen that before! He then pointed out to me that the Gear box Casting had Broken off from the Engine!!!!! the whole engine Rocked when pushed !

Does anyone know how long its going to be off the road for?

i think while its in i may get renault to buy it off me as i can get a new one for £10,150 anyway... how much do you think ill get off renault for it? its 3 months old 2000 miles on the clock?

Nissan R35 GT-R

Given that you can get a new one for £10,150 (not quite sure about that myself) then I wouldnt have thought youll get much for a broken one!

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 26 January 2003

New Clios dont have clutch cables mate. Come to think of it, I think every new car has a hydraulic clutch.
No, they are cable operated!

Not every car has a hydraulic clutch, if fact they are as rare as rocking horse sh1t.

LMAO

Bob

yeah i can get friends and family discount ..before xmas there were floggin them a 30% off thats just over £9,000 for a spankin new one ...anyone here that works for renault will back that up!

it will get repaired under warenty anyway thein ill shop it in i think..might make a few quid! ...well break even and have a new 03 one! :D