ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gone with a Bang!

Pulled off the pavement today and put my foot down in 1st...heard a loud bang and the the gear stick jolted back! The car is now stuck in second and the gear stick is wobbly?? any ideas???

its all under warenty so i dont really care but it dont look good! im hopping its the gear selector just popped off or something? but i cant expain y it went into second?

Nissan R35 GT-R

New Clios dont have clutch cables mate. Come to think of it, I think every new car has a hydraulic clutch.

Called Renault assistance today and they sent out an AA man ..He took a look under the Car and his first words were....Oooo i havent seen that before! He then pointed out to me that the Gear box Casting had Broken off from the Engine!!!!! the whole engine Rocked when pushed !

Does anyone know how long its going to be off the road for?

i think while its in i may get renault to buy it off me as i can get a new one for £10,150 anyway... how much do you think ill get off renault for it? its 3 months old 2000 miles on the clock?

Nissan R35 GT-R

Given that you can get a new one for £10,150 (not quite sure about that myself) then I wouldnt have thought youll get much for a broken one!

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 26 January 2003

New Clios dont have clutch cables mate. Come to think of it, I think every new car has a hydraulic clutch.
No, they are cable operated!

Not every car has a hydraulic clutch, if fact they are as rare as rocking horse sh1t.

LMAO

Bob

yeah i can get friends and family discount ..before xmas there were floggin them a 30% off thats just over £9,000 for a spankin new one ...anyone here that works for renault will back that up!

it will get repaired under warenty anyway thein ill shop it in i think..might make a few quid! ...well break even and have a new 03 one! :D