ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good Day!

DvG

LY 182 FF
Hi all,
I've recently purchased my ph1 172 in silver off of my best mate.
He bought it provisionally as a winter car, but changed his mind when offered a 197 for a good deal!
So anyway, the car has been stood for almost a year. It's had 2 previous owners, one being my mate, and has got receipts for everything it's ever had done!

I'm new to clio's, but I've had a few cars, most of them utter crap! From Renault 5 GT Turbo's, to 206 GTi 180's (that was a good car though) to name a couple.

So yeah, I don't know a great deal about them just yet, but i'm looking to change my fortunes of constantly changing my cars, and ending a bad run with this 172, which I think, with some work and loving, could be a bit of a minter!

The bodywork is good, I dont think it's been polished for a few years! But there's no dents, scratches or anything really.

I've got a few plans for it already, as it's standard apart from being sat on some speedline turini's that were put on off my mates 182. Oh and a ph2 rear bumper.
  • So the first 'mod' I'd like to make is lower it, preferrably on coilovers, as I'd like it slammed! If someone could advise the a decent set that are both a decent price, and fairly good that'd be ideal!
  • I've got a Yozza cat-back exhaust system to put on, so that would be next on the list after I guess.
  • I'd like to get a trophy spoiler ideally, but dependant on price differences and all that I may go for a cup spoiler.
  • Ph 2 rear lights, love the back of the ph2, so I dont see much reason not to personally.
  • And finally (for now) and this is if they're even still around, as I've heard there was some sort of change going on, my mate had a remap done by JMS, basically overfuelling on over run, making some serious bangs! Also pulled a bit better higher in the rev range if I remember rightly, so yeah anyway if someone could advise me if that's still an option that'd be ideal.
That, for now, is my initial plans for my clio, I haven't driven her for very long, but already I'm feeling a bit attached to her already!
I also apologise in advance for my naivety with clio related subjects, as I said I am mechanically minded and good with tools, however I know very little about Clio's!

I'll post some pics up within the next couple days, as I haven't really had chance to take any of it yet!
Cheers!
Dave

DvG

LY 182 FF
Here's a couple pics i took earlier, while the rain stopped!
I'll take some after she's had a good clean soon as the weather allows!

20120622_184811.jpg

20120622_184820.jpg

306 GTI-6
Thats nice. Best look imo, aggressive ph1 front with the nicer ph2 rear bumper. A ph2 dadh would make it perfect to me, but jave no idea how difficult /easy /or possible that is

DvG

LY 182 FF
Thats nice. Best look imo, aggressive ph1 front with the nicer ph2 rear bumper. A ph2 dadh would make it perfect to me, but jave no idea how difficult /easy /or possible that is

What is a dadh? Sorry mate, as said, not clued up on all this just yet, wasnt sure if it was a typo or what lol

DvG

LY 182 FF
Ah right lol, yeah I did wander about doing that, they're much nicer but that'd be something for the future.
Can anyone tell me what the score is with the remap i was talking about? My mate had it done by JMS, but he's told me they've stopped doing that now, does anyone do it now?