ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good drives near south London

Z4x2 & buying a 182
I recently caught up with a mate in Northampton and it made me realise how much I miss country roads!

I live in South London near Crystal Palace - anyone got any tips on anywhere close enough for a decent drive around as I am getting depressed with speed bumps?

Surrey has some good stuff if you can go when it's quiet. Either that or book a couple of days in a Travelodge and then head west / north until you get to places that people talk funny ;)

Clio 172 (CUP)
I recently caught up with a mate in Northampton and it made me realise how much I miss country roads!

I live in South London near Crystal Palace - anyone got any tips on anywhere close enough for a decent drive around as I am getting depressed with speed bumps?
Same here, live in Sutton and often want to find decent roads/routes without having to drive 50 miles to find them.

Z4x2 & buying a 182
I drove 30 minutes to Chelmsford yesterday, managed to find a sort of counrty road or two but then had to head back......doing my nut in. I used to live in Oxford which is so much better for a sunday drive. Even an empty motorway would be nice! I did a stint on the a20 the other day just to get a chance to put my foot down! Gargh

I'm in Croydon so not far from you.

I head out down towards Westerham and the A25 for my weekend blasts. The B2024 is my road of choice between my area and Westerham.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I drove 30 minutes to Chelmsford yesterday, managed to find a sort of counrty road or two but then had to head back......doing my nut in. I used to live in Oxford which is so much better for a sunday drive. Even an empty motorway would be nice! I did a stint on the a20 the other day just to get a chance to put my foot down! Gargh
How do to get from Crystal Palace to Chelmsford in 30 minutes :LOL:

If you want country roads, go south and head out of the M25.

Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire etc...

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
You're about 30 min from Brands Hatch ;) otherwise as mentioned Surrey Hills AONB has some good ones, a few too many small towns to interrupt the flow, however

Clio 182 RB
All around the Surrey Hills, amazing selection of driving roads.
I work in Croydon and live in the Surrey Hills only takes me 40mins to get home.

If you go to Forest Green, Ewhurst, Holmbury St Mary, Shere and many other villages around there, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

My personal favourite is the Ockley Road going into Forest Green, also up towards Leith Hill.

I do stress though weekends cyclists love all the roads and week days you come across horse riders especially in Forest Green, so my advice is either go at night or sight the road first.

Last edited: