ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good Insurance Companies for Mods

Hi

Does anyone know any good insurance companies, which are good at - prices, modifications etc? I am 24 with 2 years NCB and I hold the advanced drivers certificate.

I am currently with elephant.co.uk and they are crap (they are only good for the 10mths for 1 years NCB). They was ok with me modding my VTS but now I have my Cup they are like "the car is too much of a risk". They will not cover me for a Viper Kit full stop.

I have now asked about an ITG replacement filter and they are referring it to the under writers! What for an additional 2 BHP, that’s crazy.

Anyone know any other companies?

Cheers.

Megane 225 baby! :)

Check out the pinned topic, as there are lots of numbers/websites in there.

Nike Lunar Elite's

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 09 February 2005

http://www.admiral.comwww.admiral.com mod friendly to a point for under 25s
Yep, admiral are who I am with, think they allow for 6 mods up the age of 25 and they dont charge much for mods, but they will only replace with oem parts

Cheers for that. I checked out admiral and they are about £80 cheaper then elephant and thats with air filter and exhaust!

I will still phone them just to double check

Liverpool n Victoria,

Ive put on induction kit, full body kit, de handled, xhaust, new wheels, removed bum strips badges. pretty much everything apart from anything engine wise and its gone up £7.50

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive just sorted my insurance out. LV arent so mod friendly anymore:

We cannot insure:

* Motor cycles, vans, pick ups, minibuses.
* Cars which have not been manufactured for the UK market e.g. Japanese imports.
* Cars which have performance enhancing modifications.
* Cars which are used abroad for more than 180 consecutive days.
* Cars which are in excess of £100,000 in value.
* Cars that are registered and normally kept outside of mainland United Kingdom,
the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
* Drivers outside the age range of 17 and 79.
* You, if you live in Northern Ireland.
* Non mainland UK residents.

Lee

BMW M2C

While I was doing quotes I found one site which had a massive list of mods you could pick from even including engine swaps. If only I could remember who the hell it was.

CIS - Cooperative Insurance Services

all stlying mods covered and any performance mods that dont increase power by more than 10bhp! very competitive pricing also!

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 11 February 2005

While I was doing quotes I found one site which had a massive list of mods you could pick from even including engine swaps. If only I could remember who the hell it was.
elephant and admiral have this.

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 11 February 2005While I was doing quotes I found one site which had a massive list of mods you could pick from even including engine swaps. If only I could remember who the hell it was.

Ive noticed admiral now do this, althou when i ticked engine swap, and turbocharged, it rejected me lol

[Edited by Mole on 2/11/2005 10:24:45 PM]

fubar got there first lol :)

Volvo S60 T5

Im with Greenlight, but they insure me using Highway insurance and from what I have heard they are dreadful, I have everything declared.

CLIO

ive just gone with adrian flux,they wont charge for suspension ,air filters ,wheels and exhaust,all they charge for is admin fees plus they where 500 quid cheaper than direct line who im with till the 17th of this month,so i gave them the finger also they give you free legal cover too,which is a bonus,i got it down in writin too about the mods.;)

Do NOT use Admiral. They are the same company as elephant.co.uk.

Online they gave me a good quote which was £80 less then elephant, this included air filter and exhaust. I called them just to double check and the customer service is very bad!

They told me they will not cover an induction kit for my Cup. I said your internet said I could, he said "well I am saying you cant", I told him he is a dic#k and the company sucks. I will NOT be renewing with elephant as I reckon they will be poor in a claim.

Elephant want £60 for me to fit an ITG panel filter, WHAT!!!

I cannot find a company that will insure me for under £1500fc on a 1.2 clio mk1! Im 18 with 0ncb but with pass plus. The value of the car is only £800, all have said that i cannot even put alloy wheels on till im 25! Wassup with that!

Is there a list of decent insurance companies that wont rip me off!

don't

Quote: Originally posted by 172 Cup_Dude on 16 February 2005

Do NOT use Admiral. They are the same company as elephant.co.uk.

Online they gave me a good quote which was £80 less then elephant, this included air filter and exhaust. I called them just to double check and the customer service is very bad!

They told me they will not cover an induction kit for my Cup. I said your internet said I could, he said "well I am saying you cant", I told him he is a dic#k and the company sucks. I will NOT be renewing with elephant as I reckon they will be poor in a claim.

Elephant want £60 for me to fit an ITG panel filter, WHAT!!!

lol why even ring up mate, u can pay online for it, if its ok online then it will all be in writing, they have loads of foreignors working the phones who know f*ckall about anything

very anoying but they answer quick lol, i just took mine out online