ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good insurance payout ?

BMW M3
Just wondering your thoughts on my payout after writing off my 182.

Its a 2004 (54) Silver, Non cup 182 with 68,000 miles.

They have sent me a cheque for £5300.

I was over the moon with that price tbh so was wondering your views.

BMW M3
Renault Clio Hatchback 2.0 16v Renaultsport 182 3dr 2004 (54) 68,000 miles

Dealer £5,115 Private £4,565 Part exchange £4,230 Trade £4,005 Cost new £14,800

^^^ Copied off Whatcar website. Seems I did get a good deal.

Thought id have to fight like hell for a lot less.

Well can you buy another 54 plate 182 with those kind of miles on? If so yes, if not no.

The idea of the payout is to put you in exactly the same position as you were before the accident.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Seems good, i got paid 3900 3 months ago for my 03 plate 50k 172 cup!

I only paid 2900 10 months before it got wrote off lol.

BMW M3
My insurance company is Elephant. Been with them 5 years, only had issues in recent times regarding a big admin error and then took ages about the payout but seems they came to town on the most important part.

Didnt really appreciate that they wont give me back my 10 month insurance premium... it goes towards the next cars insurance apparently. Bit of a scam really.

Still.... happy in the end.

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
My insurance company is Elephant. Been with them 5 years, only had issues in recent times regarding a big admin error and then took ages about the payout but seems they came to town on the most important part.

Didnt really appreciate that they wont give me back my 10 month insurance premium... it goes towards the next cars insurance apparently. Bit of a scam really.

What you gonna get now J?

BMW M135I

funny you say that, im in same boat after somebody went into my car and now they say i have to pay rest of year off becuase ive been involved in an accident. As far as im concerned, they get their expenses covered by third party insurers?

In other words thay get that money plus more off us even though it isnt our fault.

One major problem is that what if yo get a cheaper quote with someone else on your new car? you have to pay that off aswell

DB.

BMW 440i
I had a mate who recently wrote off a Corsa C which he paid for £3600, They gave him £4400 a year after he bought it when it was wrote off.

That was an 04 plate Corsa C with about 40k miles. (1.4Sxi) Which i thought was far too much!

Looks like you got a good deal mate!

Looking to buy Clio 172
If its a non fault claim you should be entitled to your premium back so long as they recover their costs from the third party. I work for an insurance company, if we delete a car as sold and has had a fault claim in the current term they get no money back, if non fault claim get a pro-rata refund.

Ask them to tell you where in the terms and conditions it states no return premium following non fault claims.

BMW M135I
If its a non fault claim you should be entitled to your premium back so long as they recover their costs from the third party. I work for an insurance company, if we delete a car as sold and has had a fault claim in the current term they get no money back, if non fault claim get a pro-rata refund.

Ask them to tell you where in the terms and conditions it states no return premium following non fault claims.

it states that after been involved in accident, nothing about fault or non fault though, which in my half is wrong as they are getting my money plus their costs recovered from the other side