ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good insurance quote what do you think

Clio 182 FF & Cups

Hi,

Just got a renewal quote from a.s.flux for £448 quid for my 172 (currently standard) or £510 with protected n.c.b. Im 25, 7 years no claims and this will be insured through Highway who flux say is a mod friendly insurer.

Is this good? Tesco, direct line, privilege, natwest, admiral and morethan cant come anywhere near, norwich union can but wont have mods and theres a set of superleggras lookin lonely at my local halfords;)

Anybody think of anywhere else to try or should I snap fluxs hand off?

A S Flux the same as Adrian Flux?

Sounds good! But I have heard that they are not that good when you have to make a claim...

Clio 182 FF & Cups

yeah sorry, adrian flux.

seems like a good qoute to me and i know theyve bin around for years, girl on the phone seemed to know a lot about the clios. Told her one little porkie though, cos if you say your a cliosport member they give you a discount!:)

You guys on here have been that nice though I will join in the next couple of days anyway!

[Edited by fewie_172 on 21 September 2004 at 4:16pm]

500bhp Scoob

u could try liverpool victoria, theyre very mod friendly, dont charge any extra aslong as the engine capacity is the same as standard

Volvo S60 T5

Good quote, try Greenlight , Im with them all mods declared, 5 yr NCB, 30 YO, 657.00, (Thats with highway)

Oh and you get members discount, so mention it!

[Edited by Mike172sport on 21 September 2004 at 4:24pm]

Im with them, supposedly their cover is crap so i best not crash..

You have to send in proof of discount BTW.

-Rob

[Edited by RobFenn on 21 September 2004 at 4:34pm]

Clio 182 FF & Cups

Just tried greenlight and the best they could do for me is £590, still cheap but they didnt sound very professional, got a quote with even giving a post code! lol!

Been on the liverpool victoria website and it says they wont accept cars with "performane enhancing modifications" Sound like a dodgy statement to me, especially as loads of people on here are insured with them with substantially modified motors.

Got proof of my ncb so thas not a problem, looks like the "monkeys" are gonna get my business!

[Edited by fewie_172 on 21 September 2004 at 4:40pm]

DONT GO WITH HIGHWAY!!!!!!!!! I had a very very very bitter experience with these people.

My first insurance policy was with Performance Direct who insured me through Highway (as do quite a few of the cheaper brokers) and I had a crash in my car where no 3rd party was involved luckily but decided that I would inform the insurance company to let them know that the car has been damaged beyone repair. This was partly stupid, but you are supposed to inform them whether or not a claim is made. All was fine until I tried to get insured elsewhere, upon asking why no one would insure me I was informed that highway said I had a claim pending with them!?!? WTF can they do this??? I explained that I didnt make a claim, but words falling upon deaf ears was an understatement...

Phone Highway and they said a 3rd party had made a claim against me and that Id loose my no claims, they also said I had made a claim on my car... okay I said, explain how I can make a claim for my own car when Im TPFT only??? Bottom and short of it is that they took the piss and it took 18 months before I could be insured ANYWHERE else! A couple of friends recomended them to me, but never had to make a claim, when one of them did it took over a year to get the money for the car even though the other person had accepted responsibility for the accident... very poor, wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire!

Clio 182 FF & Cups

Thanks everyone for the help, sorry to hear about our probs with highway thejesus but ive actually been insured with highway as a 17 year old with my nova, that was nicked once and broken into a second time and each time they payd up with little or no fuss, I just suppose it depends on circumstance. I would love to insure with a more main stream insurer but when Liverpool Victoria qoute you £1300 quid and most of the others in the region of £700-800 im tempted to to give flux/highway the business and take my chances, fingers crossed I wont claim anyway...

That is unless any of you boys can come up with more companies to try...

[Edited by fewie_172 on 21 September 2004 at 5:26pm]