ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good night o2 - 8 years later and your out. New network needed!!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
ok, probably crops up alot, but here goes....

have had an 02 contract for 8 years, rubbish upgrades, usually a load of hassle to deal with and generally since the demise of genie the deals have been quite frankly crap. EG i dont get any cross network mins, 500 texts and 600mins to o2/ landlines. Basic rubbish and the internet is shockingly dear.

Attempted to get things bettered with the sales team - waste of time, so im shopping around.

Basically after 600 text min + good healthy minutes allowance 500mins + ideally. Want a decent phone, nokia only though and the N82 and N95 + 8mb card are hitting the notes at the mo.

But what im after is verdicts on the other big 3
vodafone are doing 600 x network mins + unlimited texts for 30£
t mobile are doing flext deal which gets you £180 worth of goodies a month - either 1800 texts or 900mins or a mix of both
orange dolphin 35 is 500 x network mins + unlimited texts for 30£

all fairly close. T mobile is tempting as the N95 is free and the mix means if youll never likely burst the text/ call allowance. Although i doubt id go over 500/600 mins on the other two either. Vodafone and Orange both charge for the N95. Although itemised billing is 1.50 on t mobile as well.

hard one.

will boil down to coverage and service, so comments welcome.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
im with t-mobile flex, the one thats £35 a month

18 month contract,

but tbh i dont use my phone enough to warrent a contract anymore (used to use it soooo much more) so when my contract is up ill be going on PAYG

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
I find o2 the best network.

Have been on t-mobile, voda, orange, now o2.

Haven't been on 3 yet.

in what respect?

There tariffs are pretty crap and upgrade prices are hugely laughable. I got asked for £300 for an N95 on a £30/ month contract there.

eh f**k off.

hardly good way to promote customer retention that

TT 225
My 02 contract is £30 a month and i get 1000 txts and 600 minutes. And never had to pay for an upgrade in the last 6 years I've been with them. Always the best SE phone they have too, not crappy phones.

Tried Orange and Voda but neither had the coverage.

Weird. My other half has trouble getting good deals with them - but I recon that's becuase he never pays his bill ontime.. lol. Either that or they don't like boys

I had a few problems with O2, nothing major and was all sorted out, I only changed to Orange to make the most magic number/unlimited texts as it saved me £150 a month!

I might be tempted back to O2 depending on the new iPhone situation..

But O2 loved me, they'd give me whatever phone I wanted but so they f**king should the amount of money I was spending! lol..

Clio 1.4 RT
Ive just come out from 3 years with orange on a 500mins/500text £35 a month plan. Dont have anything bad to say against them at all, customer service was brilliant when i phoned up once to query a bill, they admitted it was wrong and gave me a month free! All the upgrades were free, always had the top(ish) phone. Only thing id suggest is NOT going through Phone4U, there such monkeys, always making you try and sign somthing.

in what respect?

There tariffs are pretty crap and upgrade prices are hugely laughable. I got asked for £300 for an N95 on a £30/ month contract there.

eh f**k off.

Better customer service, offered the best deal on tariffs, and don't f**k about with the software on the phones like the others do.

Lotus Elise 111R
Vodafone all day everyday for me, I have tried them all. I have the 750mins and 500 texts for £35.

More important is the fact you can use it anywhere reception wise, rather than how cheap it is. The "lesser known" companies have shocking reception compared to voda and o2. Even orange is crap most of the time

Makes a big difference how much you pay for your tarrif I think, in relation to upgrades.
If you pay £20 for 100000000 minutes and unlimited texts, they need to make their money somewhere!

MG ZR
I have been with T.mob for years now, never had a problem with them, coverage has always been good so I'm pretty happy with them. They also offer free voicemail access as well which I think some other networks charge you for....tarriffs are pretty good value as well.

172 Cup SOLD
I've been with 02 since 2001 and have just upgraded last week.

Pay 35 a month on a 18month contract.
Free N95 8GB
1000 free texts
600 Anytime any Network Minutes
Then you get a a free perk, choice of about 4.....unlimited free GPRS, unlimited free X-Network weekend calls, unlimited free 02 calls, unlimited texts.

I opted for unlimited free X-Network weekend calls

All that for 35 a month, and my bill is usually never over 45 quid.

Lupo GTI
I'm on Flext 35.
I've never gone over yet tbh.
Good deal, only problem is its 18 months and after about 10 your phone looks a little old when its been dropped a fair bit if your like me. :(

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I'm on 3 - signal is brilliant - think they share transmitters with 02. My deal is 30 quid a month for 750 texts/300 mins/5 pounds of monthly downloads/50 picture messages/25 mins video calls and got an N95.

However if you need to speak to anyone customer service is arse. Unless you speak indian of course in which case it's probably brilliant.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Don't deal with sales or you'll never get a good offer. Phone the o2 cancellations department and they will make you a better offer if you push them. It always worked for me.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Makes a big difference how much you pay for your tarrif I think, in relation to upgrades.
If you pay £20 for 100000000 minutes and unlimited texts, they need to make their money somewhere!

i agree, but £300 for an N95 when its free to newbies is having a bubble.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Don't deal with sales or you'll never get a good offer. Phone the o2 cancellations department and they will make you a better offer if you push them. It always worked for me.

ill give that a go. The last chat wasnt too encouraging, but hopefully this will be better.

Ah I love o2, and they love me!

ungraded last week and I got £5 off mt tariff which is now £30. 100 more X-network mins so I have 1000text and 600 X mins and they gave me a free N95 8gb. All after some bartering of course.

Already had my Iphone so the N95 went on ebay for £300 big ones :D

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
I'm on Flext 35.
I've never gone over yet tbh.
Good deal, only problem is its 18 months and after about 10 your phone looks a little old when its been dropped a fair bit if your like me. :(

not an issue my current one is nearing 4 years of usage(!)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Depends who you speak to ;)

And how hard you push, you cant beat our retention department!

I never stayed after my initial 12 months so never had the chance to try retentions. I do know that in store the staff at Vodafone usually can make some good offers.

Mito Sportiva 135
Whenever your upgrading just mention the magic words "I am thinking of leaving" and you will get a good deal.

Was on 3 a few years ago and were s**t, might be better now but never again. On Orange now and generally pretty good, customer services are helpfull and Orange Wednesday is a surprisingly good feature. Plus don't forget you can add a new person to your Magic Numbers list every 6 months.

Think I pay £30 a month now for 500 x network minutes, unlimited texts and 18 month contract. Due for a new phone soon but not sure what to get...

Better than yours. C*nt.
in what respect?

eh f**k off.

Better customer service, offered the best deal on tariffs, and don't f**k about with the software on the phones like the others do.

Shocking customer service in my experience, after 5 phone calls they still helped themselves to £500 out of my account which they'd admitted was incorrect, then just about refused to give it back. The only thing going for them is the fact they don't toss about with phones, because whilst their tariffs aren't awful they aren't the cheapest and their coverage isn't as good as the other networks (in general! I know every area has it's own favourite network!) so they don't get my vote. Especially after thieving from me. Lol.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
im with vodafone and get 500 mins and 500 txts for 30 quid a month.

Its an 18 month contract which i can upgrade after 14 months,also as an existing customer they told me the N95 is free

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'm pretty happy with my o2. Although I did mine through CPW so I always manage to get a good deal.

TBH I've kind of given up on the latest phones, I only use it as a phone and mp3 player now and again so I go for the cheapest contract I can. £3.75/month on a 12 month contract FTW for me!

IIRC N95 is free on £30 o2 contracts so you should have demanded one, get them to match CPW or o2 online deals. You sound like you're on an old contract type, I didn't know you could get contracts with no X-mins!

Black 172 MK2
when you ring up to upgrade have been been trying to upgrade 'handset only' as ig you move to a new price plan then you will be much better off. Oh and dont get the n95+8gb mem card as its the original n95 and thast rubbish

A red missile
I've just joined 3, got a LG U990 Viewty with 300 mins or 300 texts or a mix of both for £22 a month on an 18 months contract, initial service was impressive, ordered at 8am, got 1 mail at 9:30 saying order processed, another mail at 1:15 saying order dispatched, it turned up at 9:30 next morning. So far so good, phone is the b****cks as well.

Changed from Virgin Mobile - they were w**k - with a capital w.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Im with o2, £30/month for 1000 texts, 400 mins and unlimited o2 calls. And got a n82 for free the week it came out.

I was on Tmobile before and they werer crap for upgrades, the flext thing is quite good though.

ST
Orange business is where its at Charlie boy...

Nokia 6500/N95 8GB/SE etc unlimited texts, 800 mins, unlimited browsing £35 a month...

tiTTy & SV650
I get 1400 texts, 400 anytime cross network minutes, unlimited browsing for £20 a month on o2, get a better deal every year and the latest phones nae hassle.