ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange Panther Vs O2 600 (£35 a month).

Clio 197
I've decided to get myself an HTC Desire.

I'm looking for: 'Unlimited' 3G, wifi access, 600 mins and texts. All for about £35 a month.

I wanted to know about the 'unlimited' 3G data as far as what 'fair' usage means, AND as far as how fast the following networks actually are as far as 3g is concerned:

O2 - my current provider
Orange
T-mobile.

T mobile don't offer any wifi access, which makes them at the bottom of my list.

Orange offer wifi over btopenzone.

O2 offer wifi over btopenzone and 'the cloud'.

Opinions on the different networks would be greatly appreciated.

Chelsea tractor
O2 has just announced a cap haven't they? 500Mb or something. I'm guessing others will quickly follow though.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why do you need wifi? It's free in most places anyway?

182FF with cup packs
Just cjecked... it's only on the iphone package.

Bah :-(

I wonder if the sim-only iPhone packages are somehow locked to only work on iPhones or you can use them in other phones.

Though I did notice that your Wifi use appears to come out of the same data allowance as your 3g data.

Clio 197
So that means when o2 cap it, you'll have a measly half a gig allowance. Best leave yer laptop at home then...

anyways.... got my phone on t-mobile due to their 3gb cap being far higher than anyone else's'.

Text imputed not bad for a touch screen I tell thee... not sure Android has all the features I want though. We'll see.

Clio 197
So that means when o2 cap it, you'll have a measly half a gig allowance. Best leave yer laptop at home then...

anyways.... got my phone on t-mobile due to their 3gb cap being far higher than anyone else's'.

Text imputed not bad for a touch screen I tell thee... not sure Android has all the features I want though. We'll see.

Do you need wifi access if you have unlimited 3g? The cap is 700mb on orange I think.

T-Mobile is best for 3g reception, orange is pretty good, o2 is pisch.

Clio 197
Exactly what i've found. O2 has been crappy as far as 3g is concerned over the past year (I live in the SW)... with such a powerful phone, you need 3g to work!!