ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good photo spots around St. Helens / Warrington

Hi guys,

I'm after a decent spot to take photos of mine and a friends car in St. Helens or Warrington or surrounding areas. I'm looking for abandoned warehouse / industrial kind of setting. Or derelict buildings. Anyone have any good spots? I wouldn't mind some shots inside a warehouse but obviously that will be down to location and access,

Cheers!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I don’t know of abandoned places in St Helens/Warrington that you would be able to access, although there will probably be somewhere. For that sort of thing the Trafford Park area is your best bet if you can travel a bit further.

You could try Warrington Hospital car park for just a good location for car photos too.

This is one from the hospital car park, this is just a random car that was nicely lit when I was there with JamesBryan and Riad shooting Boffey’s AG 200-

8411358167_88f86d9c2d_z.jpg

BMW Z4 by Niall97, on Flickr

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I’m not sure, google maps should give you a good indicator, or failing that it’s signposted heavily being a hospital car park :)

Also, the multi-story car park in St Helens Town centre is another good option, you can get onto the top level too but the lighting is quite nice in the lower levels too. I’ve got this one from there of my brother’s old 182-

8854691663_c3daea16de_z.jpg

Clio 182 by Niall97, on Flickr

Last edited:

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Well if you go for the car park in the town centre I can do that for you, all for a reasonable price of course ;)

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, I'd have to go for the biscuit option being 15 haha

But yeah I can do the car park for free.

Last edited:
  Clio MTV
That abandoned place on Gorsey Lane is well scary! especially at night haha :S Ive been meaning to ask people about some good spots for taking pictures and ive tried looking for some myself and couldnt really find any but those ones taken in the car parks look awesome :) might have to have a drive over to Warrington Hospital and get snapping..

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
That abandoned place on Gorsey Lane is well scary! especially at night haha :S Ive been meaning to ask people about some good spots for taking pictures and ive tried looking for some myself and couldnt really find any but those ones taken in the car parks look awesome :) might have to have a drive over to Warrington Hospital and get snapping..

Just a warning about taking pics at the hospital. Last time we were there security came out and moved us on.

First time it's happened though in the dozen times i've been.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Just a warning about taking pics at the hospital. Last time we were there security came out and moved us on.

First time it's happened though in the dozen times i've been.

​Mainly because we had a full flash studio set up though, if it was just the car and a camera nobody would have batted an eyelid.