ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good price for a new gearbox?

The gearbox on my valver has died.. Been quoted £400 +vat to get a recon one (price includes fitting..)

Seems reasonable to me, any comments?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
best off just pulling the engine & box out,it took me 3 hours on sunday to remove engine an box on my own,but for that price aslong as its genuine you may aswell let them do it

ValverInBits
Gbox is an engine out job. It's not very easy. One of the hardest parts is manoevering the engine back into the car. DAMN they are a tight fit
good luck with it

Valver
Gbox is an engine out job. It's not very easy. One of the hardest parts is manoevering the engine back into the car. DAMN they are a tight fit
good luck with it

Not at all.

Most people drop the subframe on the passenger side and remove the box through the wheel arch. Can be quite long winded, took me and a mate a day to do it before (never changed a box before) but if you're fairly competant and dont encounter many problems should be able to do it in much less than time than it takes to remove the whole engine.

Looks like I'll be better paying up..

I have done a complete engine swap on a 19, but with the help of Chris_H - somewhat of a master when it comes to Renaults!