ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good price?

Mk4 .:R32
Hi guys, not sure if iam allowed to post these sort of threads, but I have seen a non - cupped Arctic 182 for sale in a garage near me. He wants £7495.00 its on 22K, FRSH, 1 owner 2004 '04, Air con and all the usuall goodies, body work and interior is mint.
Iam aware that there are cheaper 182's about but I have not seen one with lower miles, plus he has offered a good price on PX.

http://www.fairleecars.co.uk/show.p...nault&model=&srt=added DESC&p=5&submit=Search

What do you think? too expensive?

Last edited:
  Porsche Boxster987S
its the same reply for all these threads mate so expect things like .... "thats a ridiculous price . . ." , " can get a mint one for 4***" blah blah blah. imo that sounds decent so id go for it tbh. whats the part ex theyre offering if you dont mind me asking?

The garage by Seaclose? It was up for £7,995.

But yeh, its still too much for £7,495, especially with pikey spec. £7k would have got you Christophers one.

Depends on how much hes giving you for yours if hes giving you a decent trade in which is in effect making the new car price lower really.

I wouldnt be that worried about the miles.

Oh and unless that garage has had 2, then thats been there aaaaaaaaaaaages.

The garage at the top of the hill in east cowes has a black 182 up for £8k.

its the same reply for all these threads mate so expect things like .... "thats a ridiculous price . . ." , " can get a mint one for 4***" blah blah blah. imo that sounds decent so id go for it tbh. whats the part ex theyre offering if you dont mind me asking?

Its overpriced, thats fact really.

You're only saying that because you're bitter that your yellow 182 is now probably worth 2k less than you paid in a matter of months! ;)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Too much imo... bought mine a few weeks ago with okay double the miles, but newer, all the extras for £6k.

But, if you're happy paying that then don't listen to anyone else lol.

Porsche Boxster987S

But yeh, its still too much for £7,495, especially with pikey spec. £7k would have got you Christophers one.

Depends on how much hes giving you for yours if hes giving you a decent trade in which is in effect making the new car price lower really.

You're only saying that because you're bitter that your yellow 182 is now probably worth 2k less than you paid in a matter of months! ;)

meh. its only cash at the end of the day;)

Yeh its been there for a while, iam assuming its because of the price. Hes giving me £3700 for my car ( 2004, Dynamique on 26K FRSH) I thought that was a good price, and thats with my wheels, exhasut etc?
If i was to try and sell my car privately it could take ages as no one as buying.
The only differances is silver wheels and standard suspension and spoiler, as apposed to a cup?

Yeh its been there for a while, iam assuming its because of the price. Hes giving me £3700 for my car ( 2004, Dynamique on 26K FRSH) I thought that was a good price, and thats with my wheels, exhasut etc?
If i was to try and sell my car privately it could take ages as no one as buying.
The only differances is silver wheels and standard suspension and spoiler, as apposed to a cup?

Yeh, wheels and suspension is 1 pack. Spoiler and splitter is the other one.

Im not sure how much yours is worth tbh. But its cheap to run, those cars are selling fine I think..

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
£6,700 would have got you my car. ;)

If you get him down to around that, with the low mileage, you've got a good deal!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It doesnt matter what you pay for it, as son as you buy it your going to get...

"i could have got you a cheaper one..."

"My mates selling his for so much cheaper"

bla bla!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Some very true and pointent comments in this thread regarding what CS members will say once you have paid for your car - i.e. being overpriced.

However, it is still true that right now you probably could get a better deal than what you have been offered. In a Renault dealer local to me there is a 182 FF with Cup packs and 18k on the clocks advertised at £7995 with a view to buy for cash at £7495. If I were in your position I would look elsewhere or consider buying privatley as I think the same car could be bought private for £6250.

However, whether you wish to piss about looking for one of these bargins for a few weeks going up and down the country is another matter. If you have been offered a good part ex and the car is in good working order then I may be inclined to take it for the sake of £300/£400 - just dependant on what you have been offered part ex imo.

Ah yeah so it is, anyway 6k imo.

The one for 9k is a complete joke tbh, that money would get the mintest of trophy's.

350Z GT
I see the 1 at Seaclose every morning when i walk up to buy food at break times!! Every day its moved around to another part of the forecourt and has been in there since october and has only knocked it down £500. Think its a fair bit of cash considering like said above you can get a good looking RB for under £7k which you know has been looked after and not been sitting around doing nothing for a whole year.

White clique
You'll pick one up cheaper than that if you hunt about.

On ebay an 06 plate with 21k miles sold for £4,300 the other day -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-RENAULT-...=39:1|66:2|65:7|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

.. an 04 with 28k miles, £3750...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-RENAULT-...=39:1|66:2|65:7|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

despite the fact people would like to say 182s are still getting good money, the hard truth is they are struggling along with any other car at the moment.

If you have an ebay account, use the "advanced search", type clio 182, then select the "completed listings only" box, and it will show you what they are REALLY selling for at the moment. Any over 6.5k are not shifting at all.

BMW F21 125d
To go back to the OP.
I just bought a 182 with both cup packs, 54 plate, in Arctic Blue with 20k on the clock for £6985 and I got £4700 for my 53 Plate 172 with 31k on the clock, but my 172 was an import (no cambelt done either!).
I think i got a reasonable deal, I put a post up on here about it.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
^^ good deal. The two on ebay went for so cheap its unreal! The original post though i think its to much really, good millage but you can find better. Yours shouldnt be too hard to sell privately, just dont rush into anything and the right one will come up, maybe try an add on pistonheads for a part ex with yours, you never know your luck

Ok Cheers Guys. It worth a think about. but i dont know what will come of it. thanks for your replys.
I mite just test drive it to see what its like lol. i havent ever dorve a RS before.

20vt Fiat Coupe(182 Sold)
You'll pick one up cheaper than that if you hunt about.

On ebay an 06 plate with 21k miles sold for £4,300 the other day -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-RENAULT-...=39:1|66:2|65:7|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

.. an 04 with 28k miles, £3750...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-RENAULT-...=39:1|66:2|65:7|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

despite the fact people would like to say 182s are still getting good money, the hard truth is they are struggling along with any other car at the moment.

If you have an ebay account, use the "advanced search", type clio 182, then select the "completed listings only" box, and it will show you what they are REALLY selling for at the moment. Any over 6.5k are not shifting at all.

Those Clios are a bargain at those prices. I payed £5988 for my 05 plate 182 with 39k, two weeks ago.

200 cup & 106 GTi
I'd be aiming to pay about £6-6.5k for the original arctic blue car in the first post.

And lol @ trophys flat red paint being a bad thing, most ferraris come out bright flat red, bright red is a good colour.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
I can't believe that my wife's 182 hasn't sold yet. We have resorted to ebay now and put it up at £4200 but still no bids! :(

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
63k (with both belts already done!) :(

4.5 you would get takers, i sold my RB with similar mileage for 6.5k in may!!!

I just cant understand why it aint selling. Can't believe you got 6.5k for yours in May! Gutted. Its been on ebay now for over 7 days and its £4200 with no reserve yet no bids. Have 22 watchers but think some of those may be other 182 owners seeing how much I get. Will you have a look at the ad and tell me how to get 6.5k!!!