ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want a indication of value.

Right.

I want to sell my Clio. My brother wants to buy it. I don't want to rip him off, but I can't afford to give it away either. I need the money for a move to Australia.

It's a 2004 (04) 182 in Titanium Silver, both cup packs, FRSH, tax and mot until the end of the year, has Renault used car warranty until mid Jan, is in excellent condition (only probs are 1 or 2 stone chips on bumper, a small scuff on rear bumper which is pretty invisible, and the steering wheel melting), and it is currently sitting on 30,200 miles.

I've searched here, PH and Autotrader and a figure of £6,450 wouldn't be too far off what's on there, BUT is that too much, or is it about right? I know the second hand car market isn't brill at the moment, but I don't think he could get as good for much less tbh.

I gave him a rough figure of £6,500 a few weeks back, and he said ok and to let him know, but I don't want him paying over the odds.

What would you people price it at.

Oh, and try and keep the CS £3,500 values to a minimum, I want a fair idea really. :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If he's willing to pay it, £6,500 is a great price for you!

Edit - Great rip-off minds, eh Luke. ;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Toepher... Knows ;),

Xibit - Chris was tryna sell his a while ago for around that and no one would have it off his hands - and that is one mint looking car - i dont think you would sell it for 6.5k in the current market matey.

as said, if he will have it for 6.5k bite his hand off

Toepher... Knows ;),

Xibit - Chris was tryna sell his a while ago for around that and no one would have it off his hands - and that is one mint looking car - i dont think you would sell it for 6.5k in the current market matey.

as said, if he will have it for 6.5k bite his hand off

As said, I just want what it's worth, unless it's worth bugger all (less than 6k) and I'll keep it.

If £5,500 is all I could get for it, I'd keep it and ship it tbh.

Even though he's my brother, he'll only get a slight discount I'm afraid, and he knows I need all the money I can get.

Ship it to Oz>? Much would tht cost?

Not all that much really. Will fit in my container. Just registration fees are a pain.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Its worth 6k, but at the minute cars are selling for way under what they are worth.

RB Clio 182
Im currently looking at 182's with 25k miles on the clock, fsh, hpi clear, 54 plate, for £5200.

Depends at how much you value your car at though. If your not happy with under 6k, then value at what you think your happy with.

Porsche Boxster987S
got to laugh at some of the cs valuations. figures down at 5*** are laughable imo. especially the ones with less than 30k on the clock. worth more than that but heh:rolleyes:

interesting valuations produced by that website aswell

Even though it's for the inferior cup model, there's no way a dealer would sell my car for £5,700. It would be up for about £6,995 - £7,495 I reckon.

Interesting to see people's thoughts on the matter though.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
No one is saying its "worth" 5***! But at the moment the used car market is S***. I know of a 182 04 plate 45k fsh, that went for 4800!

Abarth 500 Essesse
well looking at autotrader for your car, same mileage, age, colour, spec, etc, your looking at about 6k - 6.5k

plus for me i'd rather pay more for a decent one than pay rock bottom for a dog

RB Clio 182
got to laugh at some of the cs valuations. figures down at 5*** are laughable imo. especially the ones with less than 30k on the clock. worth more than that but heh:rolleyes:

Just going by what I am looking at.

One of my friends dad managed to get an 05 plate 182, in the baby blue colour (sorry, Im still new to what the exact colours on the clios are called), with 27k on the clock, white standard cup wheels etc for £4995 from a dealer in Bristol.

So bargains can be made.

Was just trying to give him an idea of the cheaper end of the market if he is selling to his brother.

I'm not saying mine is worth £7,000 odd btw. Just an observation of the website above.

Will see what bro says. If he can't sell his car soon, he can't afford it anyway, so it may go up for a private sale, and I think it'll start at £6,350 and see how it goes.

Porsche Boxster987S
LOL at 4800. dont care what anyone or any valuation pisch says , theyre worth a good 1.5k -2k more for a good example. all imo of course

White clique
my 182 04 plate full renault service history 2nd owner, tip-top condition, no crashes, black gold 39k miles went for £5.5k 5 months ago and there wasnt much interest in it at the time, i found it hard to shift.

i reckon total 6k maximum.

Black 182 FF
There's two or three in a dealer local to me that's been up for between £6.4k and £7.5k and they've not moved at all - and they're in good nick.

At the same dealer I looked at a bit of a dog (loads of stone chips, scuffed alloys, added '182' badge which made me think a youngun had it and four former keepers) that was up for £5991 and it went straight away (though it did have the same kind of miles as the others and they made have tidied it up).

Privately there's some close to me struggling to sell at just over £6k and many aren't moving at all, whereas mine sold in one week and fortunately for me the deal fell through when the kid couldn't ge this money to clear quickly enough and I got mine (182 27k 54 plate) for £5900 after it was advertised for £6k.

Whilst there will be some cheaper than that - I think it's about right, so I'd have to go for about £6k for the car in question and it's only going to go down in the current climate.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If I was to sell your car privately, i'd ask £6500.

If I was to sell it to my bro, i'd say £6000.

I think thats fair on both people.

Trust me selling cars is damned hard work @ the mo!!

I'm trying to shift my 05 FF182 @ what I'm told is a good price with jack all interest (if you discount all the timewasters!!!:)

Well thanks for all the replies.

Car is now up for sale for 6450, brother will get a discount if he can get the money in time. I'd ideally want to p/x mine for a cheaper car, but I don't want his car as i want something I don't want to have to look after too much lol. Someone buy his Punto GT.

At least you're being sensible about things, not one of these people that lives in their own special world when it comes to price.

I saw a 182 up for £8495 the other day! Bless em.

I've seen one up for sale for £9995, and not too far from here lol.

Tbf, I think mine is a very good example, and it's been looked after. Would take it with me if I could, but not really a practical suggestion.

Yeah, well if mine sells, it sells, if it doesn't, it just gives my brother more time to save the money lol.

Win win tbh!!

20vt Fiat Coupe(182 Sold)
Id say around £5750-£6k. Owned a Punto GT3 for a few months before the 182, quick we car.