ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good way to sell vanity/personal plates?

'07 Campus
Hello all,

So my first clio, brought from a dealer, has come with personal plates (PEZ XXXX format)

A handful of people have said I could sell them for. A few quid however noone has a specific route, they've all said 'Google it'

Problem is, half the sites that pop up look dodgy to me. I did request a quote from one (regtransfers.co.uk) who valued the reg at £250 but considering they don't give me the option to sell to them directly I feel this is a blanket quote.

So, any tips? Specific sites any of you recommend? Would this all be a quick process or can I expect to be off road whst dvla send me replacements?

Cheers in advance

Swift Sport
I've had a private plate for sale for years... I can't even remember what site it's advertised on!

Just put it on eBay with a realistic buy it now price. It's a Northern Ireland plate so it won't be worth loads. Don't bother with the plate dealers.

'07 Campus
Oh dear about your site ad

Ebay sounds like a good idea, how do you know its NI? Is PEZ common over there? The plate does have a BT postcode on it too I noticed ?

Typhoon it's PEZ then four numbers, I can message you the specific plate number if you want

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I can’t see the plate “PEZ XXXX” being worth anything in all honesty.

It’s meaningless to about 99% of people and the random four numbers on the end aren’t good either.

It’s just a standard NI plate. It’s like trying to sell “HR54 HQG”.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
You won't sell it to even cover the coats of transferring it off mate I'm afraid to say.

'07 Campus
That's fair enough. I had a feeling this was the case, I think given I wasn't aware of the NI format I thought it might have been a custom reg but nevermind

Thanks everyone for the info =)