ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye 172 :(

LY R26 230 F1 Team
So the time has come to part ways with my Renault Sport 172....But on good terms.

I dont do messy break ups so the 172 is off to find a new home somewhere amongst the fraternity of car enthusiasts, or more likely some ding bat that will rag it round a car park somewhere.

Either way my parting is on very good terms and this car is genuinely a little gem! Everday for the last few years I've jumped in the excitable little Renault and everday it's put a smile on my face.

With a nimble chassis and a capable engine the Renault Sport pulls like a train and sticks like it's on rails and all quite comfortably done on a students budget!

As for the French build quality? What are you talking about? Let me dispell all the myths right here...Right now! Nothing has let me down on this car through a fault of it's own, it's been a reliable, practical, comfortable daily hack and I've loved it! Yes the tailgate is made from tracing paper, and the plastics aren't the sort of thing you'd find in a VAG group car but it's charming in a way that no VAG car can charm you.

To sum up my ownership in a few words?
Tres Bien mon amis!!!

Would I do it again? Damn right! In fact I will be buying a low mileage 182 Trophy in the future.

So here she is waking the boards for one last horrah!

IMG_6914.jpg

IMG_6913.jpg

IMG_6900.jpg

IMG_6904.jpg

IMG_6920.jpg

IMG_6923.jpg

À tout à l'heure mon ami et foire bien

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A great looking example mate. Someone has bought a great 172.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Lovely!!!
Thank you, I've fallen out of love with it to the point I can't be bothered to fetail it for my own enjoyment.
It will be given a full detail prior to sale though.

A great looking example mate. Someone has bought a great 172.
Thanks mate, I really would love to keep it, my head is telling me to keep it but my heart wants something else.

Looks good, what you getting next?
Looking at Liquid yellow and Ultra red R26's at the moment mate, will se how boost is and maybe move back to a 182 trophy if it costs me too much to run.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Always loved your 172 Chris, someone will be getting a good one!

Theres a LY R26 at the dealer down the road from me, think its up for 8999. Not sure if thats a good price or not as Ive never looked into R26s

And if you fancy straying from renault, but still fancy booooost, then my MPS is up for sale ;)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Thanks James, Yeah I've test drove the one at Stoke but it was a bit of a shed tbh, dump valve fitted and no remap, stone chips everywhere with some crappy paint pen filled in so looking for a better example. It's well over priced for the mileage/condition IMHO.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
What are getting to replace the MPS with jabba

Something cheap for the ring in may mate, I really want to try a type r as its something ive never owned, but I could also end up back in a 172 :)