ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye 225 Trophy, hello AMG

Leon Cupra 300
That's great. Your only issue now is you'll never want anything that isn't a V8! Big engines and an auto box make for properly relaxed driving, you don't have anything to prove.

I like how the E63 and CLS63 are cheaper than the C's, I prefer the bigger cars too.

133/225/CLS AMG
That's with Esure mate, came in at £309 as a new quote but £348 adding it onto my current policy I had on the Megane 225.

No idea why it's cheaper though, you'd think with it's capabilities it'd be more risk but they're rare cars and as we established not normally owned by "youfs" like me haha.

133/225/CLS AMG
That's great. Your only issue now is you'll never want anything that isn't a V8! Big engines and an auto box make for properly relaxed driving, you don't have anything to prove.

I like how the E63 and CLS63 are cheaper than the C's, I prefer the bigger cars too.

I'm totally with you on that, going back to a revvy turbo engine would be weird now. Which is odd as I've only done about 100 miles so far haha. You're absolutely right about having nothing to prove, not that I ever drove like that but in the Megane I'd shoot off and drove in a more 'nippy' fashion. These kinds of cars encourage a chilled driving style.

I can see why the C63 may be higher on insurance. In many a video you see on Youtube you'll often see them up in London just revving for the sake of it and driven like muppets. It's the rich chavs choice of car so I suspect more claims.

Great cars no doubt just suffer a bit of an image problem.

133/225/CLS AMG

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Similar mileage to mine but a mere 250bhp more!! Haha

Think I'd rather stick with mine and tune it to 750bhp and save myself £60k. Immense car though.

I thought the depreciation had been steep on mine!

Yep, £320+k in 8 years is a bit more than I could stomach; I normally try to stick under the £300k threshold….!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Awesome. The fella who owns the garage we use bought one 2 weeks ago, he loves it but it is a proper takeaway drivers car.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
That's been for sale for 2 years lol.
Who the f**k would pay that for it??

Oh and FLOL at who's selling it.

133/225/CLS AMG
That's the problem, for the money you can get something newer and built to be faster as standard, not what is effectively a modified car! I'm pretty sure you could tune my engine to produce similar power for a lot less than that haha.

Are Motorhub bad? I don't know anything about them.

133/225/CLS AMG
Thought I'd pop up a tiny update on the CLS. I thought a private plate would set the care off nicely, the styling of the car has aged very well so a plate would look cool and disguise it's years.
Now I already have X666 ALX on my Megane 225 and my little girl is Roxie so thought this worked -

749EB437-DA2D-41FD-9027-FA4A74209A32_zpsi1fhnfkk.jpg

41FDAEA5-9E4A-40CE-820B-FB17E98E0B70_zpslxaapy5m.jpg

3BF45054-9352-41A6-AF60-2C2FC179AD6F_zps8tx5vfvj.jpg

For now it's the car that rocks but in 15 odd years, the little lady can have this on her first car! :smile:

I actually opted for a set of UK legal pressed plates which were really good quality and only £20 from eBay.