ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye Clio.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Sold my 182 Cup the other week

Clio sold!!!

Moving on to faster things, hence reason for sale.

Overall verdict:

Damn good grip and balance etc, I'd say on a par with my Integra Type R on public roads :). Very forgiving and easy to learn, no suprises. Not as quick accelerate as the Integra,despite what people say.

I suspect that most of the 182's aren't even making the supposed 179 bhp as quoted. Spoke with other owners this seems to be par for the course. I think mine was only making 160-165 intially! So to other perspective buyers BEWARE!!!! Try a few as some will seem quicker than others, I got a slower one!

Looking back I wouldn't bother tuning the Clio. Best off buying a forced induction car for greater gains and less outlay!

Reliability has been superb. Though I've never visited a track day with her and have only driven her very hard 30% of the 36K covered over the two and a half years of ownership. But still I think it's pretty good.:D

MPG and servicing certainly acceptable. :)

Really enjoyed the Racing Blue paint scheme and stripes.:cool:

Clio 1970000000
That's a great compliment to compare the 182 to a Integra Type R. ITR was one of the best drivers cars ever (front or rear wheel drive) according to EVO magazine.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
That's a great compliment to compare the 182 to a Integra Type R. ITR was one of the best drivers cars ever (front or rear wheel drive) according to EVO magazine.

Mind you EVO also acclaimed the 182 Cup too.

I feel the Integra proabable excelled more on track, never tried it myself but suspect so. Hence the reason why they rated it so highly.

Personally I felt I couldn't travel any quicker on the bends on public roads in either car.