ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye V6, Hello 225

Mark 1 Clio V6

Ordered myself an Inferno Megane 225 today. Getting it on 1st March.

Getting it from buymynewcar.co.uk for £16,099 including leather upgrade. Thats an on the road price. Best Renault Aberdeen could do that for was £19,600!!!!!

V6 will be going one way or another (is on Ebay, in Autotrader and if all else fails I have been offered not a bad price for a part-exchange on the Megane) - on Ebay for £13000 (see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9861&item=4507342093&rd=1http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9861&item=4507342093&rd=1).

BMW 330d :)

Ive seen a 04 Megane 225 for £14,995 with delivery miles from parks motor group. Im sure you could haggle this down to £13k at least! It was in 2days daily record motor section and comes with part leather, and metallic paint. http://www.parks.uk.comwww.parks.uk.com Hope this helps ya!

Fraser

[Edited by Frasers Cup on 26 November 2004 at 7:44pm]

Mark 1 Clio V6

That is what floats my boat-otherwise I wouldnt do it.

V6 is a good car. Way too expensive brand new, but a good car.

Now I want a 225.

And just remember Im only a 300 quid superchip away from racing past you in my brand new car with as much kit that cost 7 grand less!

Now that floats my boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ST

The V6 has far more road presence! And a V6 and a V6 and a V6..............did i mention it has a V6!

Id have the V6 over the megane anyday just for the looks alone!

Mark 1 Clio V6

I have a V6 currently.

All the attention is a pain in the ass! In my opinion the V6 is not worth all of the hassle that goes along with it!

I want something understated, practical, value for money and with a good wallop of horsepower. Oh yeah did I mention that it had to be a Renault Sport as well. The Megane is all of those things.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 27 November 2004

I have a V6 currently.

All the attention is a pain in the ass! In my opinion the V6 is not worth all of the hassle that goes along with it!

I want something understated, practical, value for money and with a good wallop of horsepower. Oh yeah did I mention that it had to be a Renault Sport as well. The Megane is all of those things.

What hassle have you received other than admiring looks from everyone?

Clio 1.4, SV650S

i bet you get so many people trying to race, or pulling crazy manouvers in front of you if you have a V6.

my mates dad is selling his astra coupe turbo because of this, and thats not half as recognisable as a vee!

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 27 November 2004

And just remember Im only a 300 quid superchip away from racing past you in my brand new car with as much kit that cost 7 grand less!

That doesnt matter to me mate, because if speed was all I wanted I would have bought a Scoobie WR1 or EVO 8 FQ320, Never a Megane 225.....lol:D

Simon.

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

Does a superchip now include a device to get all the power down on the front wheels then - checkout the V6 top gear video clips, 4000 rpm and no wheelspin (and no LSD) - quicker than the C4S tested the same day.

Im struggling to think of a production front wheel drive car in the listings quicker than a C4S. Maybe there is but you cant beat the science - you accelerate, the weight goes back and oops the rear wheels dont do anything - unless its rear wheel drive!!

Got an Alfa GTA at work, great car but if you gave it another 100hp itd just give you more tyre smoke and Torque steer.

The limiting factor is ultimately grip - not a superchip.

Hence 400hp+RWD=hysterical giggling

Einstein

Da

Less

Mate, as stated before IMO the V6 has far, far, far more road presence and drool factor than a 225 will ever have, but at the end of the day its your car, your money and your choice so enjoy! ;) :D

Mark 1 Clio V6

Exactly why I want a 225. I want something folk wont point at everyday and try to race at all times. The car tends to induce moronic tendencies of people near it!

The admiring looks from everyone was nice for about a fortnight but now people pointing and staring is just an annoyance. Feels at times like I am in a gold-fish bowl!

I wanted to stay with a Renault as they build good cars with good engines. I would never have a Scooby (far too many around) nor an Evo (until I am over 40). The Megane has much the same performance as a mk1 V (which I currently have) and is fully kitted out for £16k brand new.

I think the Megane is probably the best new car around for that money so that is what I am getting.

I know that this is a Clio website but I think that the bias certain people show the V6 is unjustified. I own one and its not been that great an experience. I had a Vectra GSi before the V and currently wish I had kept it. Much more easy enjoyable driving experience.

craig,

thought you were holding onto the V6 till it became a classic?

if you like the megane and it fits your needs then go for it mate, ive driven one and liked it. its a normal car, nothing wrong with that, i envy my pals golf TDi 150, its also a normal car, and i find the V6 a tiring car to drive around town or everyday use.

still, id only part with it for a mk2 i reckon, as i have another 2 cars to use everyday.

at the end of the day, you have had the V6 now, its a shame you seem abit unhappy with your experience, but move on as you are and enjoy, forget what others think.

:)

Quote: Originally posted by iwantaV6 on 28 November 2004

its a normal car, nothing wrong with that,

There are far nicer "Normal" cars with power around if you ask me.

I have had my V6 255 now for 6 months and have nothing but a huge smile oin my face everytime I drive it, is there really so much difference between the Mk1 amd Mk2 Vs then??

Although it is my Second car and not my family car, only comes out at the weekends.....lol

Each to his/her own though I guess, but this V6 255 will proberly be my last CLIO, as I hate the Megane shape they are using for the new ones.....maybe its just me??, but I think the Megane is one of the worst looking cars on the road??

Simon.

My 225 has just crept over 3000 miles now and she is getting better all the time.

Personally I do not think you can compare the two cars. If I was a single bloke with plenty of cash I would have the V6 every single day of the week. But because I have a missus and a 5 month old son I had to choose something where they would actually fit in.

At the end of the day the 225 is a very fast family car, where as the V6 is an all out mini-supercar with nothing left to chance - therefore you can not compare them!

To be honest mate not as much as my 172 did which I have found really wierd!! The only can say is that in the 6 weeks I have had the car I have not seen one other 25 on the road, which is nice.

You sometimes get the look of - thats a Megane but it looks different and the most commented part of the car is the daul pipes and the massive wheels!

Clio 200 Cup packed

Quote: Originally posted by entjm on 27 November 2004

i bet you get so many people trying to race, or pulling crazy manouvers in front of you if you have a V6.

my mates dad is selling his astra coupe turbo because of this, and thats not half as recognisable as a vee!

funny that coz ive had 205gti, 306gti6 and 206gti and they ALL attracted more arses than my astra turbo ever did.

people just dint try in on with the astra for some reason.

but now in my 182, i get chavs in corsas up my arse every 10 minutes.

Vee dub

I was never too sure about the back of the Megane, but after looking at a few pics, and your avatar pic, it really does look nice!

Tom

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 28 November 2004

I wanted to stay with a Renault as they build good cars with good engines. I would never have a Scooby (far too many around) nor an Evo (until I am over 40). The Megane has much the same performance as a mk1 V (which I currently have) and is fully kitted out for £16k brand new.
well id have an evo 8 and im only 23!!

Quote: Originally posted by shmall on 28 November 2004

Quote: Originally posted by iwantaV6 on 28 November 2004

its a normal car, nothing wrong with that,

There are far nicer "Normal" cars with power around if you ask me.

I have had my V6 255 now for 6 months and have nothing but a huge smile oin my face everytime I drive it, is there really so much difference between the Mk1 amd Mk2 Vs then??

Although it is my Second car and not my family car, only comes out at the weekends.....lol

Each to his/her own though I guess, but this V6 255 will proberly be my last CLIO, as I hate the Megane shape they are using for the new ones.....maybe its just me??, but I think the Megane is one of the worst looking cars on the road??

Simon.

simon,

im not saying i dont enjoy my V6, i love driving it and would everyday if i could, its just when i drive it, it is considerably more tiring then a normal car would be. i put it down to having the engnie in the cabin, and the V6 isnt exactly the smoothest ride ever around town with a heavy clutch.

Quote: Originally posted by iwantaV6 on 29 November 2004

simon,
im not saying i dont enjoy my V6, i love driving it and would everyday if i could, its just when i drive it, it is considerably more tiring then a normal car would be. i put it down to having the engnie in the cabin, and the V6 isnt exactly the smoothest ride ever around town with a heavy clutch.

Not sure what the engine in the cabin has to do with it? do you mean heat, noise, weight over rear?

I dont find my car tiring to drive at all, unless I push it too the limit, then it gets a little frisky (but nothing really bad). town driving is smooth, clutch is light, but suspension is a little hard, nothing to bad there though.

Maybe we are seein here the difference between a std Mk1 and std Mk2 V6??

I would assume the 225 to be about the same, 225bhp through the front wheels is never going to be a relaxing drive ( I know because i had a 200bhp 5GTT)

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 29 November 2004

Jesus, leave Craig alone FFS! The V6 is hardly the be all and end all..

-Rob
Not often I agree with Rob but I do on this occasion.

The V6 looks like a car with a Airfix kit on it to me. Its nice enough but I never stopped to look at one as its only another car to me.

Im sure the V6 owners love them and thats why they bought them - poor old craig wanted something less "Poser" and is getting grief. I wouldnt buy the Megane either but its a good enough car so I hope Craig enjoys it.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I would assume the 225 to be about the same, 225bhp through the front wheels is never going to be a relaxing drive ( I know because i had a 200bhp 5GTT)

Simon.

You can hardly compare a 15yr old can of coke 5gt with a new 225 megane

The horsepower is close but thats where it ends,traction and all that

ian

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 29 November 2004

Simon.

You can hardly compare a 15yr old can of coke 5gt with a new 225 megane

The horsepower is close but thats where it ends,traction and all that

ian

well all I was saying was that I doubt 225bhp FWD is anymore relaxing than 255bhp RWD??

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 29 November 2004

The V6 looks like a car with a Airfix kit on it to me. Its nice enough but I never stopped to look at one as its only another car to me.

Well fair enough, I would never stop to look at your car either... so what??

Airfix....yeah right....:p

Simon.

This is all turning abit silly now, I am only here to answer people that now quote me.....hence my last two posts. :D

If the guy wants to get a Megane, so be it....

Simon.

Im thinking about buying a 225 for the Mrs as our family car, hence i can understand totally why you have ordered one ;) But for a single man if it comes down to a 225 or V6 then it has to be the V6 every time.

LY 200

Id rather the V6 anyday but then thats my opinion!!!

But then youve already had one so guess the 225s your preference!!

Gotta say the 225s are nice too tho:), Not sure about the mini version they want to call a clio tho!!!:cry:

...And Shmall I cant say I have ever seen you take a knock about the V6 on here without gettin on your high horse...Lol...well defended sir but surely there will be a time when you may sit back and agree with someone who gos against the Vee, just once!!!;)

Mark 1 Clio V6

I have a V and its not all that.

They are not that fast dont handle too well (mk1 nor mk2 handles well or goes fast considering what you pay for them new), and are highly impractical.

That leaves the looks and sound, which I cant argue with. It has taken me a year and I am fed up with the V6. Too many people staring too many morons racing and too many things to go wrong that Renault really have no idea how to fix.

Sad but true..........I know I will enjoy the Megane as an all round car owning experience far more than I have the V6.

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 29 November 2004

...And Shmall I cant say I have ever seen you take a knock about the V6 on here without gettin on your high horse...Lol...well defended sir but surely there will be a time when you may sit back and agree with someone who gos against the Vee, just once!!!;)

Well I have to stick up for my french babe....lol:D

I had my modded 5GTTurbo for over 10 years, and only bought this V6 after some scumbag stole and turned my other into a pile of smashed up junk.

After Im through modding my V6, I should think I will keep that for a long time to....

So could be here sticking up for it again and again for years yet......:eek:

Simon:D

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 29 November 2004

They are not that fast dont handle too well (mk1 nor mk2 handles well or goes fast considering what you pay for them new),

That leaves the looks and sound, which I cant argue with. It has taken me a year and I am fed up with the V6.

too many things to go wrong that Renault really have no idea how to fix.

you sound abit jaded. ......lol thats the problem of owning an unmodded Mk1.....;) you should ask V6ing and MikeT just how good the Mk1 really can be...... :)

errr....the Mk2 would run circles round the Mk1.....lol;)

As fast in the wet on top Gear track as an Aston Martin Vanquish.....that will do nicely, thank you....

and if Renaults have to many things that go wrong, why by another????

Simon.

I do AGREE with you that they are totally impractical, for a faimily man unless you have another family type car?

Why get so offended cos he chose to dich the Vee? Bit sensitive and insecure? He was bored and has other reasons, to diss his new car is just lame! Nice choice Craig, will miss seeing the Vee about but aint seen a 225 in Westhill yet though:cool: