ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane bumper on a clio?

Jap Box
Browsing ebay for a new front bumper as mines been smashed for months and found something rather interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....90426444&category=10410&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Seems asif someone has modified a megane bumper to fit onto a clio front end, upon looking at some pictures I think they have simply sanded down the top edges so they do not raise up to match with the megane lights, so they will go flush with the clio grill.

Sizes must be pretty similar fitment too I assume, so this has got me wondering, instead of replacing my front bumper with another PH1 bumper I could possibly get a megane one from a Facelift model and adapt that to fit.

Anyone got any views on this? Might look interesting :)

Astra Twintop
For all the hassle it will do to get that to fit properly, it wont be worth it.

I seem to recall someone on another forum getting a Focus RS (mk1) to fit onto his Fiesta.

Cost a fortune, and looked awful.

Jap Box
For all the hassle it will do to get that to fit properly, it wont be worth it.

I seem to recall someone on another forum getting a Focus RS (mk1) to fit onto his Fiesta.

Cost a fortune, and looked awful.

Ahh thought it would have just been the case of sanding down and a respray unless theres some major differences.

Might try get hold of a damaged front bumper at some point anyay just to compare mounting points and see how hard it ould actually be to do.

Suzuki Ignis
I have a front bumper but its black. Can get some pictures for you if your interested?

Edit: Clio mk2ph1 bumper that is.

Jap Box
I have a front bumper but its black. Can get some pictures for you if your interested?

Edit: Clio mk2ph1 bumper that is.

PM me along with a price if you can do :) I usually just look out for ones with fog lights on ebay so can sell them on and have the bumper for pretty cheap :rasp:

clio 5door sport rep
hmmm sounds like it will look wrong... God dosnt want megane bumpers on clios or we'd all have em lol

Jap Box
Contacted seller and its a clio PH2 bumper modified to also fit a megane.

Looks like its just been smoothed and cut at the top.