ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye

this is going to be a my last post. Last weekend was driving home on sunday morning when i was cut up and crashed, rolling the car and writing it off. Unfortunatly as i had been drinking the night before ive lost my lisence for 9 months. I might get a clio back as the safety features in it is what saved my life, and the bars in the roof and the doors stopped the car from caving in on me too much. luckily my subs and amp survived, but my headunit was crushed. Just goes to show even the day after, you cant be safe driving when you've had a drink.

ill post some pictures after work.

Ziel Nurburgring
No pictures, and regardless of what people are going to say, 99% of people drive the following morning after a few drinks in the full knowledge that might be over the limit. Glad your alright though. You'll be driving a 1.2 for 5 years though and the insurance on anything else will be like getting dry humped

Why stop posting though?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
going off your age ( 9/3/88 ) if you get more than 6 points on your licence within the 1st 2 yrs of driving thats a 2 yr ban isnt it ? - DR10 is surely gonna get ya a 2yr ban mate - you wont be able to insure a moped after that dude !!!!!

Last edited:
Pics:

P.s - does anyone know any insurence companies who insure drivers with previous DD records? i can only find direct line atm. thanks

Attachments

• thispiccccc.JPG
    thispiccccc.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 197
  • thissspiccc222.JPG
    thissspiccc222.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 134
  • sdasdasfddsf.JPG
    sdasdasfddsf.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 139
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
If you are convicted for drink drive offence you will:

Lose your licence for a minimum of one year
You may go to prison for up to six months
You may have to pay a fine of up to £5,000
You may lose your job (15 per cent of those convicted do)
Have a criminal record
Face exceptionally high insurance costs once you get your licence back
Have difficulty hiring a car within ten years of your conviction

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
^s**t^

To be honest if you have dd then its your own fault, although if you feel fine in the morning then im sure you would drive?! :S

I dont really drink, but that seems harsh, i've driven with mates countless times the day after a night out and they dont seem affected by it. it may still be in your system, but it cant be affecting your judgement can it, surely that was the night before when you staggered about and decided that a donner kebab was the best food item ever, and the fat ginger mutant accross the road staring at you was fit...

they should do simple on the spot tests, get photo's of some right munters, and have a couple of okay ones in there and ask you which one you'd bang... if any munters come up on the list, then they send you to jail... seems fairer to me anyway

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
MATT BLACK said:
If you are convicted for drink drive offence you will:

Lose your licence for a minimum of one year
You may go to prison for up to six months
You may have to pay a fine of up to £5,000
You may lose your job (15 per cent of those convicted do)
Have a criminal record
Face exceptionally high insurance costs once you get your licence back
Have difficulty hiring a car within ten years of your conviction

Theres a reality check for the morning after a large night... s**t me.

megane coupe F7R
TheJesus said:
I dont really drink, but that seems harsh, i've driven with mates countless times the day after a night out and they dont seem affected by it. it may still be in your system, but it cant be affecting your judgement can it, surely that was the night before when you staggered about and decided that a donner kebab was the best food item ever, and the fat ginger mutant accross the road staring at you was fit...

they should do simple on the spot tests, get photo's of some right munters, and have a couple of okay ones in there and ask you which one you'd bang... if any munters come up on the list, then they send you to jail... seems fairer to me anyway

Lol

muz

big fat japanese bus
thats nasty, I can't condone DR but I am sure everyone has driven over the limit at some point!

I am glad you are not too badly hurt, it does go to show how safe the wee clio can be

Renault clio Mk1 1.8 16v
unfortuantly i have no sympathy my granda was killed b a drunk driver as he walked home from the local shops

BMW E46 330i Touring
For every unit of alcohol you drink (say 6 pints of Stella = 18units), it clears out of your system on average 1unit per hour AFTER you have stopped drinking. So, you finish your 6 pints of wifebeater at 11pm, to be safe you should really leave it until the following evening to drive again. Harsh but true... (well, according to my NCPLH course).

As for the crash, how bloody fast were you going when you were cut up!?! My guess is perhaps too fast, IMO.

And if you're planning on getting another Clio and you are still an enthusiast, then why can't you keep posting?

Astra coupe
White16valver said:
Why only banned for 9 months when DD is a minimum 1 year ban?

*confused*
only if you don't opt for the advanced driving course thingy. its basicly a 3 month course which allows your ban to be 9 months. or something like that anyway.

Ahhhh, I seeeee...

Advanced Driving course is good - doing mine now!

Hopefully it might offset the massive insurance increase next year...

Pikey Truck
acrebo said:
For every unit of alcohol you drink (say 6 pints of Stella = 18units), it clears out of your system on average 1unit per hour AFTER you have stopped drinking. So, you finish your 6 pints of wifebeater at 11pm, to be safe you should really leave it until the following evening to drive again. Harsh but true... (well, according to my NCPLH course).

As for the crash, how bloody fast were you going when you were cut up!?! My guess is perhaps too fast, IMO.

And if you're planning on getting another Clio and you are still an enthusiast, then why can't you keep posting?

a pint of stella isnt 3 units... its 2ish units per pint...!!

its more like 8 pints = 18 units...!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
All that s**t about insurance, don't worry about it.
ashamed to say, I got banned for dd, about two years ago, i got an 18m ban, reduced to 14 months for the rehabilitation course. When i got my license back, i bought a pug 306 dturbo s. I lowered it, put 17s on, fat sound system, told insurance of everything on it, and paid £1200 tpft for the 1st year. One year on and one year ncb, i bought a 172, and i now pay £700 fully comp. Yes it is a very very stupid thing to have done, and it will stay on your record for ten years, but the ban, insurance increase etc will piss past.
We all live and learn buddy.

*oh, and show me someone with a driving license who regularly drinks alcohol, and i'll show you a drink driver!!* ;)

i know all about the DD laws my solisitor explained it all, but i got 9 months because for a start i pleeded guilty straight away, i have not offended before, i have a good record and references and i dressed for the occasion, and i was not far over the limit at all and it all went in my favour so the court 'credited' me and gave me the minimum. i got 12 month ban, reduced to 9 months when i complete my 6 week drink driver rehab course, instead of a fine they have put me on a young offenders thing where i have to do so many hours community service, but as i have a full time job it shouldnt be too harsh.
ive got a few quotes, and with direct line its £700 dearer than it is atm, but thats still better than i expected.

p.s - i was doing 60 on a 60mph road

Clio 172
MATT BLACK said:
going off your age ( 9/3/88 ) if you get more than 6 points on your licence within the 1st 2 yrs of driving thats a 2 yr ban isnt it ? - DR10 is surely gonna get ya a 2yr ban mate - you wont be able to insure a moped after that dude !!!!!

That'll cheer him up

yeh but thats what my solisitor was saying, if i would have got 6 points for speeding then yeh its a 2 year ban and you have to retake your test after, but as the DD law says you only get a disqualification it does not state any age restrictions and the magistrate did ask the clerk if i would have to take a retest and have a 2 year probational ban and she said no the law doesnt state it

BMW E46 330i Touring
ChrisE said:
a pint of stella isnt 3 units... its 2ish units per pint...!!

its more like 8 pints = 18 units...!

That's what I thought, but I have recently attended a Personal Licencing course and the person holding it said that an average lager (4-5%) is just over 2 units. Stella Artois is stronger at 5.5% or something and equates to closer to 3 units per pint.

Either way, a good night out takes a lot longer than expected to clear out of your system. I've been guilty of driving the morning after as well though, people assume that sleeping for a few hours means all alcohol just goes away.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
its times like these im glad i dont drink, and also makes me see how much stronger the roof of a car without a sunroof is compared to one which has one.

hopefully you will learn from this and put it behind you, and move on to better things

Ad

MK2 FRS
Feel for you mate as most people have said. The majority of people have been guilty of driving the next day. Hope it all work out for you.

acrebo said:
That's what I thought, but I have recently attended a Personal Licencing course and the person holding it said that an average lager (4-5%) is just over 2 units. Stella Artois is stronger at 5.5% or something and equates to closer to 3 units per pint.

Either way, a good night out takes a lot longer than expected to clear out of your system. I've been guilty of driving the morning after as well though, people assume that sleeping for a few hours means all alcohol just goes away.
That's the one good thing about being a lightweight - you don't drink much so don't have a massive hangover and are alright to drive in the morning! lol