ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2018 - July 12th-15th

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Went to this last year on the way back from Nurburg. Really didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. A rich man's Toys R Us is what it felt like to me.

It's good for a mooch but don't think I'll ever go back. Some interesting stuff on show.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Went today and it was fantastic! I can't wait to go next year and stay for a couple of days.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
It juse showed how much those big spoilers actually contribute to keeping the car on the road. As soon as it broke loose he had no control at all.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer was a bit nuts, wasn't much he could of done. Hope everyone enjoyed it, for me you just have such a mix of cars that you will never see anywhere else let alone blasting past you so for that it's unbeatable. Saw a nice rb 200 on the way down this morning then a new gt2 rs came racing past!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I went about ten years ago. Have wondered about going again, but it seems to be turning into more of a motor show for OEMs, rather than a haven for old race cars, so not so sure. All I remember from last time I went is that it was a bloody long walk to the top of the hill...

It does seem to have evolved into this.

See new car launched at Geneva under bright lights and on a turntable or see one here, running up the hill along with all other sorts of petrol head gems. I read that quite a few manufacturers have chosen Goodwood to announce and/or launch new models this year.

Despite it being on my doorstep I've not been for a few years now. It's so popular and so crowded that I can't bear it...crowds 20 deep of people with their phones out trying to take a picture of the latest Bugatti, so they can prove they got within 20 feet of one. For real bruh.

Nah. The revival meeting is where it's at, or even better the Members' Meeting. The FoS I can quite happily let slip by. I do get to see lots of nice cars driving around when it's on though.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Just got back home and really enjoyed it. We camped on one of the official sites and were literally 3 minutes walk from the gates. I must say I enjoyed Thursday and Friday the most as the crowds were a lot lighter than Saturday and Sunday.

Bumped into Kubica on the way back to our car.