ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwood Festival of Speed taster.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've got 358 pic to go through when I get chance, but here's a few that caught me eye as I copied them off the camera. I expect I'll do them some time in during the week.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
good pics, especially the second bike.

pah only 358, i wouldn't get out of bed for less than 700! ;)

Did you use the extender?

Lee

BMW M2C
dave182 said:
good pics, especially the second bike.

pah only 358, i wouldn't get out of bed for less than 700!
;)

Did you use the extender?
I filled a 2gb and half a 1gb card!! I hadn't got any others with me!

No, that was with just the lens. Most the cars are only about 80-90mm focal length, the bikes more 150+.

I wish I'd taken a few more bike ones as they've come out really well. Some of the morning ones are a bit hit and miss while I played with some settings, but by the end of the day I was getting them bang on.

VaVa
I so wish I went. I was talking to my missus's mum about it and they said "Oh yes, grandma and grandpa have VIP tickets from a guy that races in the same series as my brother"

Cheers for telling me then. :rolleyes: :mad:

Pics look good dude. New lens?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lee said:
I filled a 2gb and half a 1gb card!! I hadn't got any others with me!

No, that was with just the lens. Most the cars are only about 80-90mm focal length, the bikes more 150+.

I wish I'd taken a few more bike ones as they've come out really well. Some of the morning ones are a bit hit and miss while I played with some settings, but by the end of the day I was getting them bang on.
i got an extra 2gb card on friday and this is the first time i have not filled all available memory, only used the 2gb and about 10 pics from the 1gb, although i have had a the balls to go .raw yet, wanted to be able to take around 6-8 shots in succession to ge the best one and wasn't sure whether using .raw would give me that ability (or even jpg + .raw)

I got some good bike shots too, would have like to have got more, i had some terrible viewing places though as the people who were with me didn't care where the stood so just plonked anywhere and was pretty stcuk most of the day, next year i think i may go alone so i can do what i want, stand where i want and not feel i lost out on some very good shots.

Most of my best ones were towards the end when i managed to get to the front at one of the corssings, bit too late by then though and after 10 mins they all decided to go back down the hill to the merchandise stalls, rubbish!

Lee

BMW M2C
Laingo said:
I so wish I went. I was talking to my missus's mum about it and they said "Oh yes, grandma and grandpa have VIP tickets from a guy that races in the same series as my brother"

Cheers for telling me then. :rolleyes: :mad:

Pics look good dude. New lens?

Yeah, Canon EF 70-200 L USM plus I've been experimenting with the camera finally rather than just using auto modes.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lee said:
Yeah, Canon EF 70-200 L USM plus I've been experimenting with the camera finally rather than just using auto modes.
me too, was using tv mode and 200 ISO, kept the shutter speed around the 250 mark.

Lee

BMW M2C
Laingo said:
Oooh nice.... where did you get that from?

Lovin the GT pic...
Popped into Jessops last week and got ass raped.

I got a lot more of the GT doing his burnout as well as a load of others doing burnouts.

I was shooting 1/320 towards the end of the day.

106 GTi
Loads of smoke! Not enough of that on the Friday, I must go Sunday next year.

Nice shots - looking forward to the rest.

Lee

BMW M2C
They all go mad on Sunday. One biker blew two tyres, Damon lost it, then caught it just before hitting the hay then threw both arms in the air and the crowed cheered even more.

I've got loads of burnout pictures. Klien in the Maza, the Maybach, F1 cars, bikes etc.

I'm going to try and do them tonight. I think I'm going to start shooting RAW and low quality jpeg to make previewing them easier.

E90
Get out!!! Get out!! Stand outside and wait to see the Headmaster, Who is Richardson, HOW DARE YOU, HOW DARE YOU.

he's my special boy thats who he is, and semi professional VW modifier.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Weeman said:
Get out!!! Get out!! Stand outside and wait to see the Headmaster, Who is Richardson, HOW DARE YOU, HOW DARE YOU.

he's my special boy thats who he is, and semi professional VW modifier.

sorry:eek:

not in with the crowd on this one....:rasp: ( or anything else, lol)