ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Cyclone Blue 1.2
im badly in need of two new front tyres as the ones i have at the moment are death traps in the wet,

ive been looking about and the goodyears seem to be pritty good altho ive never used them (£54.70 on mytyres.co.uk)

anyone used them/using them and got any comments ? wet & dry

the size im looking for is 195/45/R15 and have about 120 to get two new front's

should i go for the F1's or is there a better tyre for about the same price ?

cheers

Clio 200
i have eagle f1's on the 172 the now and tbh they are pretty awsome good in both wet and dry, but can become a bit twitchy when they have worn down a bit. 1st gear - wet = no go lol

Cyclone Blue 1.2
well i stay just outside glasgow so i really need tyres that are pritty good in the wet lol, never stops rainin :(

i only have a 1.2 so im sure 1st gear wont be as bad for me (i hope lol)

Clio 200
lol i stay in glasgow mate so i know how u feel, they do handle well in the wet even when worn a bit but i have found trying to get the power down in 1st gear can be non existant went out to try last night for a bit of fun and it just sat and bounced off the limiter lol

Cyclone Blue 1.2
ahright, do you know linwood at all then ?

i had the missus out and was taking it easy and went round one of the roundabouts that leads onto the duel carridge way at about 25 and the arse came clean out, its known to be quite a slippy round about tho,

then tried to pull away from the lights a little too quick and f**k all but wheelspin untill i got across the junction cause my tyres are absolute gash lol,

what you had done to your 172 ?

ValverInBits
If you need a tyre that is really good in the wet and convincing in the dry and don't want to fork out for eagles, Go for uniroyal Rainsports. They are good.

Eagle F1s are good tyres yes. They have just enough stiffness is the sidewall and they are pretty grippy.

Cyclone Blue 1.2
cheers point8, i just in the middle of ordering some eagle f1's, the uniroyal rainsports might be a shout for the rear, as i currently have 185 55 R15 on the back, and im going for 195 45 R15 on the front so will look a little out of place untill i get new rear's lol

ValverInBits
no probs. Honestly the rainsports are pretty epic in the wet. I had them on a 205 and they sorted the aqua planing well

Clio 200
ahright, do you know linwood at all then ?

i had the missus out and was taking it easy and went round one of the roundabouts that leads onto the duel carridge way at about 25 and the arse came clean out, its known to be quite a slippy round about tho,

then tried to pull away from the lights a little too quick and f**k all but wheelspin untill i got across the junction cause my tyres are absolute gash lol,

what you had done to your 172 ?

yeah know it well mate usually down and about that way few friends from elderslie and paisley. just had it lowered and a stainless cat back on it.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I have ran Good year f1's on all my clio sports and have also used them on track in the wet and I can say they are an excellent tyre.

They have great grip in corners and in twisties but they seem to struggle for traction sometimes.... think they get abit overwelmed sometimes.

172 FF
I had Conti's on mine to start with & they were pretty crap. Then moved to Michellin Exalto's which are pretty decent.
Now I have Vredestein Sportrac 3 which got some good reviews, but not sure what to make of them still atm. They were awsome when I first got them, like glue to the road. Then about 2 weeks after putting them on I lost the arse end on a roundabout at about 20mph :/
Dunno if it was some spilt diesel/petrol on the road or what but I lost all confidence with them for a while. Now I've built up some confidence again I'd say they are on par with the Michellin's & maybe slightly better in the wet.

Anyone else tried the Vredestein's?

Cyclone Blue 1.2
:D
I have ran Good year f1's on all my clio sports and have also used them on track in the wet and I can say they are an excellent tyre.

that makes me feel alot better about ordering them now :)

they were shipped today so i should hopefully get them tomorow, and hopefully get them fitted soon after.

Clio 172 ff
Eagle F1s are good tyres yes. They have just enough stiffness is the sidewall and they are pretty grippy.
According to my experience the sidewalls are way too soft for track day use. Good enough for the road, though.

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
My Tyre guy sold them to me on the proviso that they were the ones made in Germany not China. Have no complaints about them at all.