ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodyear eagle F1 vs Michelin PS3

Twingo GT
Hi all

Just wondering if any members here have tried these tyres out and could rate which one might be the best choice for me on 205/40/17 wheels or recommend any similar performance tyres

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
/\ what he said;

Never really given the F1's much thought when I've driven on them to be honest.

Had PS3's on a number of cars and - very good all-rounder IMO. I am a Michy fan boy though.

Listerine & Poledo
I've run F1's on all my Mazdas, just not in that particular size.

Firstly it was because I was a brand whore, but then after being forced onto a different tyre when I first bought Listerine I realised that Eagle F1's are, really, actually quite good.

Plenty of wet and dry grip (someone say Yokohama?). They dont disintegrate after 20 miles (hai Pirelli!) and are normally a bit cheaper than equivalent Michelins.

Given this is for a Twingo GT though (is it?), you'll struggle to give any non-value tyre a hard time...unless you drive to 150% of the limits of the car every day :)

I ran eagle f1s on the front of my 200 for the past 16 months (pikey only changing the fronts i know) just ordered a full set of ps3's, I'll update when they arrive :)

Listerine & Poledo
IF you ran split-brand on your tyres pre-PS3....itr may not be the fairest of comparison, but hell, it's all good :)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I've got Pirelli P Zero's on the abarth and they aren't the best IMO.

Pretty noisy too.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I've said it lot of times, but I run Pilot Sport 3's.

They get hell on a daily basis with 350+lb-ft being forced through them and they cope fine. They have worn quickly but that is to be expected on a fairly heavy, fairly high powered FWD saloon. They are great in the dry, only coming unstuck if you really provoke it (so you'll struggle in the Twingo to get them to lose grip) and in the wet they are excellent also.

Twingo GT
I've run F1's on all my Mazdas, just not in that particular size.

Firstly it was because I was a brand whore, but then after being forced onto a different tyre when I first bought Listerine I realised that Eagle F1's are, really, actually quite good.

Plenty of wet and dry grip (someone say Yokohama?). They dont disintegrate after 20 miles (hai Pirelli!) and are normally a bit cheaper than equivalent Michelins.

Given this is for a Twingo GT though (is it?), you'll struggle to give any non-value tyre a hard time...unless you drive to 150% of the limits of the car every day :)

This is for a renault wind (same 100hp) I don't push the car often as it's driven mainly on the motorway with the occasional country road attack on the way back from work, the car has Hankook V2 Evos on which are more than sufficient but getting very low, when it comes to tyres I prefer not to scrimp considering these two sets of tyres are only around £20ea more than budgets.

I've ran Yokohama AD08Rs in the past on the twingo so have had good experiences with them but never had the HP to get the most out of them.