ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodyear F1s

clio 172 cup
I recently had these fitted, i know its takes quite a few miles before they get to there best, but is it normal at 1st for them to have poor grip. Ive heard nothing but good things about these tyres and was suprised my knackered contis had more grip.

Mégane RS
apparently tyres give there best grip when they are new, but they usually have that slipery stuff on to begin with

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Yeah rubber does not seems as tacky when new. When they are scrubbed a bit you will notice small stones etc sticking to them.

Until they are worn in they can be a bit slippy I found so best to just take it easy until you are happy with their grip. Best tyre I have ever used but they are not like that from zero miles, a few hundred at least.

Trophy
Best practice to settle in new tyres is take them for a good run down the motorway, park up and let them cool down, then take them for another run down the motorway.

Mat.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I've just ordered a set of 4 x 195/45/16's for my 172.

Was gonna go for the 205's but was gonna be another £17 or so each tyre.

Had them on the VTS. Great tyres.

have had them on the front of my 172 for a while and they are fine - put some on the back recently and it is very twitchy - has done about 700 miles with them now so should be bedded in but still a bit weird - try different air pressures - thats my next test

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Well I had them on the front of my VTS and as a result, I was getting massive oversteer all the time especially in the wet. I had mid range tyres on the back. The fronts were gripping so much that the back end couldn't keep up.Never had that when I had Yoko's on the front and they're supposed to be pretty grippy, wet weather excluded.

A week before I traded it in, I swapped the backs to the front and vice versa. I didn't fancy someone getting the car, not being used to it and stacking it straight away. As a result, the back didn't swing out at all.

I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like having a full set on a car.
Excellent tyres in my opinion. Look great too.