ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodyear review against Michelin

BMW M3
I recently changed my tyres on the front from PEs to Goodyear eagle F1s mainly because they were cheaper yet still got good reviews.

In my opinion they are far better than the PE2s. Ive only had then on a couple weeks and they grip amazingly in the dry but even more suprisingly in the wet. Far better tyre in the wet !!

Before if i tackled a corner hard in the PE2s they would grip very well but then start to hop around when on the limit. The F1s just feel more sure footed and grip even harder. So much so that the back seems to step out of line first and can tell its on 3 wheels hehe.

So to round up.....

Ive often been a spokesman for the Michelins but now i just feel the Goodyears are better in almost every way.....

- Alot cheaper
- The tred pattern is cool :)
- Smoother and quieter
- Grip very well in the dry
- Suprisingly high level of grip in the wet ( loads better than PE2s)

All round a great tyre !!

Not sure what they are like on the back but the PEs on the back and Eagle F1s on the front seem a good combination.

Oh, and make sure it has the quality control mark and are made in germany.... not borderline 3 world countries.

ph2 172
"smoother and quieter" than PE2's :(

That's disappointing I'm using Goodyear's Eagle F1's now, and was planning on changing to PE2's next time as while i find the Goodyears are great when playing on the b-roads, but they are way too rough and noisy while cruising on the motorway. If PE's are even noisier it'll have to be back to the conti sports.

BMW M3
Well, tbh mate id still try the Michs. Thats the one point im still not 100% sure of. To me they feel smoother and quieter but it could be placibo. Ive never had an issue with noise from the PEs.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I bought the PE2's expecting them to be leagues ahead...But they were a let down!

PH2 172
I was going to buy some PE2s but i might go for the Eagle F1s iv only got nankangs on there at the moment its how i brought the car with them on and there going abit slickish so i think its Eagle F1 time.

Tangoed Works
I find PE2s awesome in the wet, but have not tried the F1's. In pouring rain, as long as you are smooth, you can push on like its dry.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I was planning of F1 DS 3's...until I heard how bad they were.:dapprove:

I think the F1 DS 2's are no longer available?