ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gordini stripes dimensions?

Hi Welcome to cs

sorry cant help with stripe dimensions, maybe worth asking a main dealer they should have them, think most just guess tbh

here are some suggestions on how it could look, i understand its not what you wanted, but it could be made to look much better than what it is atm imo

would not cost too much to do and would get the right sort of attention
P1140323.jpg

P5280014.jpg

DSC02552.jpg

Or with a SMALL bit of green, it can work well

mine2.jpg

any ways have a look on the site loads of info to help you out

cheers

chris

​counting down to lock down

thanks mate i like the wheels off the last one, but the current wheels are staying until iv saved enough for a set of OZ superturismo GT black 17"s

and i did like the one with the orange bits :) but obvs as you say done in green with the green bits iv already got on

The wheel comment was aimed at 16" vs 17". The 17s look silly, mess up ride height, ruin arch gap, make your speedometer inaccurate, makes the discs/drums look very pathetic, reveal it's only a 1.2 and not at all fast, wear tyres out faster, make the car "skit-ish" over bumps and most probably give you less grip around corners.

Well done for sticking with it - as said of all the car forums in the world, this one hates the rude-boi/ricer/chav/pikey/whatever the most.

Back OT for gordini stripes (and this is a serious suggestion) if you're ok with numbers it'd be piss easy to print a picture out of a head-on gordini, measure how wide everything is in the picture, look up the real width of an RS Clio, obtain a scale factor blah blah. You could even do it on photoshop and just make "selections" (marqee tool) and measure the size of that image in pixels/cm/inches/whatever-you-fancy.

If you numbers confuse you, find a friend/family/friend-of-a-friend/etc with a RB-with-stripe and asking nicely, obviously, if you can pop around and measure his stripes for a "school project" (optional excuse) & give him a crate for his kindness.

Last edited:
Well done for sticking with it - as said of all the car forums in the world, this one hates the rude-boi/ricer/chav/pikey/whatever the most.

Back OT for gordini stripes (and this is a serious suggestion) if you're ok with numbers it'd be piss easy to print a picture out of a head-on gordini, measure how wide everything is in the picture, look up the real width of an RS Clio, obtain a scale factor blah blah. You could even do it on photoshop and just make "selections" (marqee tool) and measure the size of that image in pixels/cm/inches/whatever-you-fancy.

If you numbers confuse you, find a friend/family/friend-of-a-friend/etc with a RB-with-stripe and asking nicely, obviously, if you can pop around and measure his stripes for a "school project" (optional excuse) & give him a crate for his kindness.

thanks for the idea i may go with the photoshop route of getting measurements.. (im afraid i dont know anyone in/around doncaster with one :/ ) and thank you for answering the topic instead of dissing :)

really wasnt aware when i joined earlier that there would be soo many haters... suprising really was expecting a 50/50 not 95/5 xD

RS6 C7
No offence but i'm going to tell you how it is,
You will get laughed at at any meets if you turn up in that, The styling it way OTT, This would look ok back in the max power days but it's put of place now, Would look great on something like Borbets with coilovers fitted for lows. This style will not fit in even at your local maccys if I'm honest.

At the end of the day it's your car so do what you want! :)

No offence but i'm going to tell you how it is,
You will get laughed at at any meets if you turn up in that, The styling it way OTT, This would look ok back in the max power days but it's put of place now, Would look great on something like Borbets with coilovers fitted for lows. This style will not fit in even at your local maccys if I'm honest.

At the end of the day it's your car so do what you want! :)

fairplay to you mate :) but i want it to stand out at any meet i go to.. including bass-off's and sound competitions as well as styling :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
People aren't 'hating' .. they're suggesting it's the wrong path to take.

Everybody wants to be individual, but generally do the same thing over and over (tints, comedy sized wheels, paint things funny colours and sticker up). It didn't look good in 1994, it doesn't look good now. Most use their age as an excuse, but it's not an excuse. It's just ridiculous.

Subtlety is key to modifying.

If you're honestly saying that you think:

394348_2689535052014_1665603630_2410027_2091865801_n.jpg

.. looks better than:

P5280014.jpg

.. then fair enough. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, I can guarantee that in a few months or a few years time you'll realise it looks awful and wonder why you did it.

Stick it on 15s or 16s, lower it, lose the colour coding - it looks daft as its way OTT .. and the tints - it looks like a van; and you'll have a nice car which might even go round corners rather than a wannabe monster truck.

PS: DUB is for Vee-Dub, as in Volkswagen. Unless you've stuck .:R32 running gear in it, take it off. Nobody is going to see the sticker and think that you like to listen to dub-step music.

:evil:

People aren't 'hating' .. they're suggesting it's the wrong path to take.

Everybody wants to be individual, but generally do the same thing over and over (tints, comedy sized wheels, paint things funny colours and sticker up). It didn't look good in 1994, it doesn't look good now. Most use their age as an excuse, but it's not an excuse. It's just ridiculous.

Subtlety is key to modifying.

If you're honestly saying that you think:

394348_2689535052014_1665603630_2410027_2091865801_n.jpg

.. looks better than:

P5280014.jpg

.. then fair enough. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, I can guarantee that in a few months or a few years time you'll realise it looks awful and wonder why you did it.

Stick it on 15s or 16s, lower it, lose the colour coding - it looks daft as its way OTT .. and the tints - it looks like a van; and you'll have a nice car which might even go round corners rather than a wannabe monster truck.

PS: DUB is for Vee-Dub, as in Volkswagen. Unless you've stuck .:R32 running gear in it, take it off. Nobody is going to see the sticker and think that you like to listen to dub-step music.

:evil:

fairplay to you.. its minimal effort to remove the badge, but yeah i honestly see my ott as more appealing to me, though tbf iv been wanting to do it for 2 years and am only half way through as you can see..

Bloke wants to paint lots of bits on his 1.2 green. Everyone says don't, it will look s**t. He disagrees.

Along with subtle (and VERY mean!) trolling.

LOL @ CJ.
Looking at the first page I think this is the worst "Look at me, I have a girlfriend thread" I have seen in a while.

Looking at the first page I think this is the worst "Look at me, I have a girlfriend thread" I have seen in a while.

really not :/ i just wanted advice on the stripe dimensions and those were the best pics iv got of the car.

you seem to be the most obvious troll iv ever seen pfft obvious troll is obvious

I really like it, not sure what everyone else is on about. (clearly blind)
As I want you to get the strips on asap the measurement are;

38mm wide (both sides)
and a gap of 50mm
You would need around 7m just to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps and can't wait to see it finished.
Also I would recommend not doing the sides in green but do the biggest monster logo possible on the rear quarter (overlapping the window)