ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got a mark on my Asus monitor

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
913AA7D0-9E60-4100-83C2-B31F40246F05.jpeg
just noticed a drop like mark on my monitor today. I have absolutely no idea how it got there. Can it just randomly cause that to happen itself?
It’s a PB277Q model

Thanks

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I’ve had quit a bit of bother with this monitor recently. Yes it was dirt on the monitor in the end said the company who I sent it back to to which I didn’t know the company was based in Germany.

I sent it back as normal to them on the 17th October and said they would return it back as they removed the dirt mark.
When I received it back on the 23rd October they didn’t clean the screen properly and found marks on it still plus they sent me a 2 pin power lead for the mains instead of our 3 pin plug. I didn’t want to touch the screen at all to be honest. So I got in touch with them and they sent out a 3 pin lead. A few days later I received it and it was the wrong connection for the monitor. I was quit irritated like. I did eventually clean the screen with water and got rid of the mark BUT they marked the screen surrounding the area of the original mark where it’s gone now. I got in touch with them again and said it’s the wrong lead you sent me and your people marked the screen and could you send out a new replacement monitor. The said they would. I sent back the box with all the leads and that on the 28th October. After numerous emails to the company where I got the monitor from and Parcelforce I was in the dark as I was waiting for my monitor. It arrived back 10th November expecting a new replacement and opened the box found found it wasn’t a new one, it came with my leads I opened plus a new aftermarket 3 pin plug lead so I plugged it in and never guess what, it never powered up, no light on the monitor. Couldn’t believe it. I’ve sent another email saying it’s not powering up and waiting for a response soon. I also said I want my money back. It’s been going on for so long now.

Either they’ll send me my money or send out another lead or send out another new replacement monitor. I just want this to get sorted it’s been going on for so long

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Did you even try cleaning that mark off?
When I felt the mark it was like melted into the screen. Obviously not. I didn’t want to try and clean it as I didn’t want to do any further damage. It certainly didn’t look like dirt. I don’t eat or drink nearby the monitor so didn’t think it was dirt.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
All sorted now, had my old Dell monitor still and tried the power plug of that and it works. Looks like the plug they sent me was incorrect or faulty