ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got a valver! :o)

actively looking
bought my new toy today not taken any pics myself yet these are from the ebay add iv cleaned it up abit including back to black on the bumpers which made it look alot better!

ym7jvc.jpg

http://images3.fotopic.net/?iid=ym7jvp&outx=400&quality=70
ym7jva.jpg

http://images3.fotopic.net/?iid=ym7jva&outx=400&quality=70

Im chuffed to bits wiv it so far (fingers crossed wont have any probs wiv it)

It has a few issues:

heater blower not working
oil level gauge not working (even thou the rest of the gauges work)
and needs new fog lights

but in time shud get it as gd as new :)

Last edited:
  MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
get the cambelt done m8! Mine went on Sunday on the way down to the Star city meet. I've learned from my mistakes now on buying a new car, Lol. Car looks lovely btw! Very tidy valver. Love the blue ones

DSC00822.jpg

Williams
Oil level only works in ignition. not when the engines started (you do know that right? :S ) Nice car you'v got yourself!

Never been a fan of them wheeels though

actively looking
ouch yer really dont want that to happen it was done about 50k miles ago hopefully got atleast 10k left in it but its every 72k for a replacment isnt it?

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
yea 72k but haynes does recommend every 30k to be safe! lol. The oil gauge wont work wen the engine is runnin cuz it cant possibly measure it. Does it work when the ignition is on?

actively looking
yer i know but it doesnt work, it does have oil in it but the gauge needle is sat right at the bottom and doesnt budge :S

DUB mk2 golf gti!
fought so!i did my driving lessons around there! swear ive seen that valver around b4!think it was on autotrader a while ago! i was gona ave a look at it!but gonna leave it till may now,till i go 4 valver power lol:cool:

u gonna sign up matey?be a proper cliosporter,forum users suck!

visualize whirled pe
Looks like a really sorted car. One of my fav. colours on a valver too, take care of it and you'll lose no money on that one.

actively looking
im slightly scared its gona be quite expensive at some point, clutch and cambelts are huge jobs on these cars:S

im defo gona be lookin after it, it needs some tlc to be a minter will post progress pics as i go :)

ouch yer really dont want that to happen it was done about 50k miles ago hopefully got atleast 10k left in it but its every 72k for a replacment isnt it?

get it done dude!!

i wouldn't have left it that long and certainly wouldn't wait another 10k.

i thought 72k was for the first change and then every 40k or so after that.

actively looking
ive got that autodata cd that the garages use and it says every 72k i hope thats true i know doing it before is a better idea! I cant afford to get it done right now thou:S

Anyone know the likely reason for my heater not working?

Is it the switch or the motor?

Its not the heater matrix coz hot air comes out when u turn dial to hot and drive along, is this a common clio thing?

Audi TT 3.2
mine was the same as this and it was the conection near the front windscreen wiper motor that had melted a bit, so it wasnt making a conection so i bent the metal straight and its worked ever since!

actively looking
fuses are fine already checked those, will take a look at the actual blower motor later in the week to check for loose connections. i take it u just take off that plastic trim that surrounds the windscreen and then u can get to it.

sorry if im sounding thick im still very new to the clio experience;)

just bought a haynes manual im gona give it a gd read!!

williams 2 turbo
if it is the blower thats knackered ive got one sitting in the cupboard, just in case you need one., as for the oil level, its should be the sensor, it's to the right of the oil filter and down a bit, easy enough to change, just have to take out rad to do it.

actively looking
if it is the blower thats knackered ive got one sitting in the cupboard, just in case you need one., as for the oil level, its should be the sensor, it's to the right of the oil filter and down a bit, easy enough to change, just have to take out rad to do it.

cool cheers for that gona take a look at it soon :) and i was thinking its prob the sensor rather than the gauge coz the rest are fine

S

Soontobe16v

I mate go for the plug on the blower motor under the windscreen like davis88 has said, my plug melted aswell just got a new one from the scrappies. Its an annoying problem drove me crazy!:lolup:

Bumder With A Buffer
U git i was after this on ebay too! maybe it was u that out bid me! lol nice car Though all the same!

Richy

Valver
Very common problem re the blower, usually the resistor plug by the blower, try giving it a wiggle first of all otherwise take it off its probably melted/rusted etc.