ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got Bored Today...

Bumder With A Buffer
Got bored today which is a bad thing as i usually tinker with things.

Indeed I did tinker today so here;s what I got up too...

First removed the rear Renault badge.

To do this (if no-body knows) you have to remove the panel covering the lock mechanism.

Then undo the 3 nuts as shown in red, although mine only had 2 (cheapskate Renault!)

lock.jpg

Using a flat screwdriver and something to protect the paint I removed the rear lock completely, Then removed the Diamond.

29062008185.jpg

Quite easy to remove. There are 4 lugs that are held in by some type of glue so just picked away at that and the diamond come off. This photo shows where the "lug" holes are...

29062008186.jpg

Then got the old spray can out and a few hours later I was left with this....

29062008189.jpg

And a few test pics on the Monaco as waiting for the lacquer to dry fully.

Front : )

29062008190.jpg

29062008191.jpg

Rear..

29062008195.jpg

Not sure if il keep em like this, though it does suit the monaco better than I thought. Am toying with the Idea of doing the rear badges in some kind of colour, just scared of there being too much white if i choose that colour. Also want to get the bullets done in Monaco with withe "16v" at some point.

Bumder With A Buffer
Dont know if the rear would look better in Monaco tbh. Is easy to change so if I dont like it after a while easy to change to something else.

Never above 25mpg
I always wondered about the rear badge, dunno if I can be bothered with the hassle!! Looks nice though :)

Bumder With A Buffer
Need the wheels done too IMO, looks good so far!
Love Monaco ;)

Ive thought about the wheels but thats as far is it got! Scared of it looking to tacky! :(

Might have a play with the rear badges maybe. Think the Rear badge looks a bit funny coz of how it sits on the car. Might change that.

In fact anyone fancy trying a photoshop for me?? White wheels on this.....

PC140146.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
No not the whole mechanism just the part thats shown in the 1st and 2nd pictures down. Held on by 3 nuts/bolts. Personally I wanted to spray it properly rather than masking up and spraying it on the car.

It took me no more than 5 minutes to remove it and get the badge out. Far less than spending time masking everthing. If a job is worth doing its worth doing properly :)

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Oh yea i get you with doing a job properly and all that... but surely the rear badge will pop out like the front badge? without the need to undo any bolts... i guess not.
Ill just go out and try it myself.

Bumder With A Buffer
U probably could yes but it is held in on the four lugs by a type of glue. There is a chance you could snap the lugs and then you wouldnt be able to secure the badge back in place.

Ive heard people say "oh I removed my badge now it wont stay back on". Id rather make sure it will stay in place once I put it back on! :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
ive just painted my front diamond, and side bullets white to go on my monaco and now im going to do the rear one, since i know how to remove it. Thanks!!

Ph1 Sport
photoshopes on other pc thats in bits otherwise wuda done it for you mate, i think it will look sex on wheels with white loys mind.

Clio
Hey im hoping to paint my badges at the weekend, and the pictures really help how to get them off...

The only thing im unsure though is what to use to attach them back onto the car?

Im assuming the back one just clips back in and screws in? Or do i need to glue it or what? Also the front badge, do i need to get glue or what for that?

Cheers :)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Front is on pins and as long as you don't snap them you can take them on and off to your hearts content.

As shown, the reas is on three bolts.

Clio
Front is on pins and as long as you don't snap them you can take them on and off to your hearts content.

As shown, the reas is on three bolts.

Ah nice, so as long as i take the front one of gently (ish), should be good to snap back on.

Cheers mate, appreciate the help :D

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
It's on three pins. One at the top, one on the lower right and left sides. Iirc, the one of the right is lower down than the one on the left. Just go gental with a flat knife.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice colour :cool:

Didn't you have a white rear badge before and then changed it to Moncao?

White 172 alloys don't look that great on a Monaco, remember seeing a picture of it on here a while back.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Monaco suits dark Richy, black or anthracite.