ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got Clio Back, feels very weird

don't

ok well got clio back, 2 weeks after the dreaded cambelt snap

new cylinder heads on fine, head gasket etc etc etc

feels so weird to drive it again, feels like such a sl*g, so much louder than i thought it was lol, ( been driving misses 1.2 punto for 2 weeks)

gd 2 have powersteering back again

clutch is soo much stiffer than in the punto, as is accelerator, + sitting sooo low compared to the punto lol, so strange!
battery was pretty dead so had 2 use jump leads as cars been sitting a while so hopefully will start ok after work :)

needs a damn gd wash and a damn gd hoover as its a disgrace, going to make an effort now, try and get new wing for it and sort blowing exhaust and tidy it up! hopefully be used 2 driving it again after a few days cos at moment it just feels really weird and not 100% enjoyable

probably looking to tidy it up and then re-mot in 2 month time and then sell it on! hopefully get a gd price as its not going 2 go wrong for a long time with the work thats been done!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Essexlad_Dave/me%20new%20pics/meetonlymine.jpg

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Good stuff. Got my Clio back after 6 months of driving the 2 the other day, felt hideous in comparisson!

don't

just looked so messy and the dash is dated compared to the punto!

although i missed the power so much, going to give it a good going over tonight and get used to having some power again

Its had a full coolant change, which seems to have changed things alot, temp used to stay at 3/4 way up, now it was on 1/4 -1/2

looked at the old head, lol, some of the valves were at 45degree angles, bit of a mess, also fuel pipe they replaced, the old 1 which was near manifold was starting to crack so gd job they replaced that, + no charge

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

strange innit, i drive leon cupra at work, get back in the clio and it feels heavy as fuk on the clutch and steering compared.

soon as its warmed up and the right foot goes down it all becomes good again tho! hehe

don't

yea i know, started to get used to it a bit more after about 10 miles but ppl kept driving infront of me (b******s)

wanted to plant the foot before work but will have to wait for tonight

do i need to take it easy first of all with new head gasket and diff cylinder head, new cambelt

or it all ready 2 drive as normal :)

felt shocking when i sat in it, looked soo much lower than i could remember lol

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Always used to feel low in mine but after the 2 it feels like Im in a booster seat.

One thing I will say, those seats are still amongst the most comfy Ive ever sat in.

Dave, I would give it a few miles to settle in before you rag it, obviously the whole top end is new and needs to bed in before taking to much...Obviously nothing like buying a new car but just give it a few miles first.

Rob

don't

gd gd,

Just got to hope my battery isnt dead after i finish work

was almost dead this morning when i tried to start it at the garage, got 1 of em to use jump pack on it and it was fine

prob only been started once or twice in last 2 weeks and prob not for long so its bound to die

10 mile journey to work and it ran and idled just aswel as it always did!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

After driving my modus for a week and then going back to the Cup :sick: My Cups ride was horrid and i hated the clutch etc.... Soon went after a day lol!

LY 200

Does feel strange mate, i only got mine back yesterday after the immob went tits up boxing day!!!

The excitment...Felt like i was waiting to pick up a new car!!!Lol

don't

i know, mine went boxing day

just feels like ive never drove it before! took me ages to pull away as i didnt want to stall it and have to jump it again, + just had to sit there for a bit to get used to the surroundings again

so so different to the punto id been driving

after driving a standard 1.2 for 2 weeks, the clio felt like such a sl*g lol

don't

well battery is nicely charged now, pain to get out in my car aswel, lots of things 2 undo before getting it out!

runs fine, water temperature doesnt go up very high though so ill keep an eye on that 1 (heaters fine though), must not be used 2 clean coolant!

clutch still feels weird but getting used to it, dont like the noise it makes though!!

exhaust sounds bit crap imo, ok its blowing and i know that already, between downpipe and de-cat, but dont think i like the tone even when its not blowing really!

may try 2 source cheap exhaust maybe