ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my first Mac yesterday

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Why have I taken so long to try one of these out???

It's only a base spec 13inch MBP, but christ it zips along even with the slow crappy standard hard disk, and everything just kind of works :)

Needed a new laptop as my work/living situation is changing soon and this will do the job just nicely :)

Only slight issue, and this is being amazingly anal, is that the touch pad seems to be a little lower on the left hand side than the right, and is almost sagging a very little in the bottom left hand corner.

Will pop in the apple store Monday to take a look at the demo models and just see if it's be being gay or not.

For the price I got this for though am over the moon, an equivalent windows machine would have cost more and frankly have been s**tter.

I tried to use another laptop last night. I really take the trackpad for granted. Could never own another laptop without it.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Used my netbook to get something off it after using the mac for the first hour, never noticed that the pad feels rough as Jordan with no makeup on as this glass pad is cracking.

Will need to get it bootcamped at some point, or give Parallels a whirl as there are some Windows bits and bobs I'll need to use in future.

Might try one of those hybrid ssd/old school hard disks as well, but not sure if that's just a waste of time and should just go straight for an ssd.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome to the elite club !

I've been OS X since July 2008. Never looking back, and never needed Winblows since.

The ONLY thing I "need" Winblows for is a photo stacker because no one has done one for Mac yet :( Still, haven't even used that yet.

Defo try parallels, or VMFusion before bootcamping.

I use them on my mac at work and you can run windows programs as though they were installed on the mac its self!