ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got my free c.a.f. from piperx

ant

yep.
over 5ft of it!!!! :D

that should reach the grill lol!

Image199a.gif

R35 GTR
Who did you contact for that, as I want to fit my feed from my bumper when i get it sprayed.

A little tip, dont connect it up to the viper or you will lose alot of the noise. :D

R35 GTR
timsclio172 said:
doesnt that defeat the object of forced induction kits?
according to GDI, they have done extensive testing and leaving it open gives better performance gains.

also, forced induction wont be noticeable until you are doing silly speeds.

Skoda Fabia vRS
if your going to leave the cold air feed off, whats the point in having an enclosed/sealed system

the sealed systems are designed so no engine bay heat can affect the air intake.......take off the feed and you may aswell just run a cone filter which is a lot cheaper

R35 GTR
BRUN said:
if your going to leave the cold air feed off, whats the point in having an enclosed/sealed system

the sealed systems are designed so no engine bay heat can affect the air intake.......take off the feed and you may aswell just run a cone filter which is a lot cheaper
no idea, they look cool?:cool:

and if you go through a puddle higher than your cold air feed, that could be a nasty experience.

ant

yep.
i'm going to connect it up and see how it goes. my car is loud enough with the exhaust!! :)

i emailed piperx and moaned that the standard feed was way too short.

R35 GTR
timsclio172 said:
if you went through a puddle that deep you would be going so slow nothing would go upi the feed pipe!

including air? Completely your choice, but I intend to use heat shield and leave the viper open, eventually having two cold air feeds.

BRUN said:

^^

I agree with this.

An open viper gives you the throttle response and the noise but you are basically sucking hot air from the engine bay which defeats the object of an enclosed setup.

Unfortunately the CAF is long with lots of twists and kinks etc. so you may lose a bit of power and definately throttle response.

Either way it is not the best solution.

ant

yep.
thinking about it.........................dont think theres anymore turns than the oe feed. thats hardly straight is it?

Black Gold 182
Nice to see you got you extra c.a.f. free of charge Daze. Fitting mine over the weekend.

Will post pics Monday if all goes to plan.....

Andy

Skoda Fabia vRS
the oe feed will have to take noise reduction into account though, its always a far from ideal for power design

Lionel Richie
Dave3141 said:
according to GDI, they have done extensive testing and leaving it open gives better performance gains.

also, forced induction wont be noticeable until you are doing silly speeds.

yeah done on a rolling road, so that test/claim is about as accurate as pissing in a galeforce wind

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^ LoL

Ive found the car behaves much better with it connected.

Specially in the 1.2 engines if you dont connect a feed up, ur left with just hot air being sucked in.

Monaco Blue 172
I know this thread was from a while ago, but did u fit the feed ant? and how come its got the red bit on the end or was that extra? cz im after doing the same with my 57i.