ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GOT ONE YES PH1 ICEBURG SILVER 172

rs clio ph1 172
:):):):):):)
Picked up a ph1 rs 172 today.
travelled abit of distance but it was well worth it.
need a couple of things doing like service and maybe cambelt but price i paid was a bargain
and it has 61k with 2 owners and full history.
and a cliosport.net sticker in the window.

rs clio ph1 172
he we go:
_DSC0018-2.jpg

_DSC0021-2.jpg

rs clio ph1 172
Couple of things i need to know.
car is very tight like its not been driven much and around town on short journeys, so i want to open her up a bit, whats the best way?
the cambelt was replaced with both tensioners back in 04 and only covered 20k since then, is it worth just replacing the belt or the tensioners aswell?
what oil is recommeneded?

RenaultSport 172
If replacing the belts do EVERYTHING including the dephaser pulley, last thing you want is to have to do it again!
5w-40 Fully Synthetic is what most use!

rs clio ph1 172
If replacing the belts do EVERYTHING including the dephaser pulley, last thing you want is to have to do it again!
5w-40 Fully Synthetic is what most use!
do you think i should replace the belts now? is it every 5 years or 60k miles?

RenaultSport 172
5 years or 72k I think, Personally I'd get them done, and by someone Reputable with the correct tools.

Mk5 golf gti
Dont do what most do and do belts my miles and ignore years
your belts were done 7 years ago so get them replaced with tensioners

if it has had regular oil changes with proof then dont bother with dephaser imo or get it done if not

then enjoy it :D

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
looks lovley mate. Welcome to the ph1 gang. As beefy said, get everything done inc the dephaser. Will save you alot of hasstle in the future. Have a look on here for proper garages to do the belts.
How much did you give for it out of intrest?

172DD Cup
is it just me or is the rear number plate mesmeric :)
yeah get belts done, else it won't be a bargain anymore