ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got some New Tyres !

Uniroyal Rainsport 1s...

http://www.superpages.hu/huhtml/webhosting/aluflenik/2002uniroyal_rainsport1.jpg

Went round the first roundabout and nearly crashed, forgot about the new shiney surface and understeered towards the railings. :confused: But once had a few miles on i was very suprised with the dry performace. As theyre more of a raintyre i didnt expect much in the dry, however a lot more grip than the contis. Loads less tramlining and road handling seemed miles better.

Yesterday it rained, which for once i was pleased about. Did a few tests and these are shockingly grippy in the wet. Pritty much as good in the wet as they are in the dry. Mininal wheel spin, grip soo well round the corners. Backend seems very loose as im still running contis on the rear, comes out much easier, however a lot more controlable with the front-end gripping so much. But impressed mostly with braking in the wet. Did an emergency stop and expected the wheels to lock, but stopped soo quickly.

All in all, would recommend these tyres with confidence to anyone. Very good choice i think considering Winter is rolling in and i need as much grip as possible with the lack of ABS and TC.

Mark.

I put Eagle F1s (GSD2s) on the rear this weekend and wow ! what grip at the back it is so controlled now. No more contis for me !

Well i was going to go for the Eagle F1s GSD2s, however the company messed me around and i needed them on Saturday. So i went to another company in Reading(only place in Slough/Maidenhead/Windsor/Bracknell and Reading) who had some performance tyres in my size on the shelf. They didnt have F1s so went for Rainsports. The guys said the Rainsports are a better all round tyre, despite what the reviews say(probably sales pitch). Got them for £60 per corner in the end...so was quite pleased. And now tested in the wet im very happy with the results!

I quite like the backend being slidely, very fun to play with. But i guess with the F1s you have to go a lot faster to play with the slide.

Just Tyres in Reading West. Along the A329 towards Oxford. Nice bunch of lads there, did a good job at good prices.