ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got the painting bug!

306 GTI-6
Well, a few days ago i decided i wanted to paint the silver surround of my head unit black so it didnt stand out so much to people and indictae i had an aftermarket hu.

Whilst looking, I thought to myself, mmm, the dash insert strips are a bit scratched (been like that since i got the car) so thought, I'll paint them as well. They are coming along nicely and will be a nice gloss black when completed.

Really enjoyed doing it and am now looking to see what else i can paint!

306 GTI-6
Mmm, i know pics would be good, but i didnt take any at all the stages so the only pics i will be able to put will be the finished ones in a few days time.

Was a bit worried about how easy it would be to do, but to be honest, buy the correct wet and dry, primer, paint and some lacquer, take your time at each stage, and the finish is pretty good.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i fancy having a go at this my self the wonam who had my car before he hasscuffs strain stains on the inserts, and upon further inspection her bejeweled fingers have fuct the gear stick insert, so i mamangerd to get one of the oned fdrom an expression, where th egears are embossed not painted on like in the dynamique, and i'm gonna spray that silver.

whats paint did you use just generic auto paint, howmany coats did you apply. and finally where did you ge the wet n dry, i asked in home base and the moron looked at me like i had 2 heads and ran away to hide.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
I got that same bug not too long ago!
Started out when i sprayed my HeadUnit surround gloss black.
I then went onto do the handbrake button, gear knob insert and door handles.
Turned out really well in the end.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Just done my dash inserts Racing Blue.
3 layers of primer...4 of paint and about 5 layers of lacquer.
However over the last 2 or 3 days the little F@$%^!rs started to "crack" cause of the heat!!!
Any ideas how to prevent this??

1.8 8v RSi
Just done my dash inserts Racing Blue.
3 layers of primer...4 of paint and about 5 layers of lacquer.
However over the last 2 or 3 days the little F@$%^!rs started to "crack" cause of the heat!!!
Any ideas how to prevent this??
use plastic primer its more flexable and copes with heat better

306 GTI-6
A pic of my dash insert, excuse the quality it was taken on my phone.

DSC00150.gif

306 GTI-6
not sure about gear marking decals as i think they are either embossed or painted on, but airbag decals can be got from vinyl decal makers. Or PM Middo on here he might sell you one.

Clio 1.2 16v
Ive done mine all like that, red not black though, it doesn't look chavvy as i have only done a little bit, looks tasteful.

Mercedes C Class Sport
for the gear knob, use the standard black ones that have the numbers and lines grooved in

phase 1 172
looking to do this on my beast, how do you remove the silver surround on the front? also if i want an exact match with my exterior colour do i have to go to renault for that?