ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Graffiti Exhibition, Manchester

Ian

Focus TDCi
There's a new place in Manchester called the Upper Space Gallery and they had a few opening weekend exhibitions, so thought I'd go along with a few mates for a bit of practice.

I had to leave before it really got going, but I'm posting these up for comments and criticism, because I'd like to know where I'm going wrong. The alley was very narrow, so it was a little restrictive:

n274300938_829831_4852.jpg

n274300938_829832_5225.jpg

n274300938_829834_5922.jpg

n274300938_829835_6268.jpg

n274300938_829836_6634.jpg

I'm using a Fuji S5700, completely standard. Images are hosted on Facebook which seems to have degraded the quality a little. I used one of the auto settings and they seem to have come out a bit too soft for my liking, I don't know if that's just me? The Fuji also seems to struggle in bright light, as seen in the last photo.

Any tips much appreciated.

Cupra
The railings in front of most of the artists is pretty distracting.

The third one had more potential but would have benefited from him actually using a spray can. It is not clear why he is up the ladder as it is.

Facebook is shite for hosting photos. Get yourself a free flikr account or something as an alternative.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yeah, unfortunately with the alley being so narrow it was almost impossible to snap without the railings in shot. In a way I'm kind of glad that they were there for some of the shots, because I get the feeling the shots could have a lacked interest without them! Definitely need to think about composition more in future.

I also tried getting some mid-spray shots as well, but they all seemed to be lazy buggers while I was there!

I do have a Flickr account, but not got round to using it properly.. don't particularly like being restricted to three sets and 100mb/m.. but I know it'll be better than Facebook, so I'll give it a go!

Any thoughts about how you would have varied the shots / camera settings etc.?

Thanks for the input :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Looks like a fun thing to visit imo, think i would enjoy it.

Yeah kind of gutted I didn't get to stay longer, was hoping to see the finished pieces and to get a load more practice in but my mate was due in work, so that put an end to it.

Should have a look in if you're ever around. They've got quite a few photos up on Facebook, just search for Upper Space Gallery if you're interested.. have a look at the Admin's personal page too, he's really good.

Last edited: