ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grandtour sleeper

Renault Clio 1.2tce
Morning, just joined the site after a checking out some previous posts. I'm the proud owner of a mk3 1.2tce Grandtour, mapped from 100bhp to 120 odd. Cracking wee engine/gearbox but should really have had more oomph coming out the factory. Just watched a video of a mk4 Grandtour having had the treatment - has anyone seen or done anything with a mk3? I'm thinking of either engine swapping for a 2 litre 182/197 or mapping in bigger injectors (I know I should have done this already, but didn't know at the time!) and bigger turbo and hoping for 140-150ish. Thoughts?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
not sure what engine they come with? if its the d4ft with injectors, intercooler air filter and a remap by someone decent (EFI parts or RS Tuning) you should see 140+bhp and 140+lbft of torque.

Renault Clio 1.2tce
not sure what engine they come with? if its the d4ft with injectors, intercooler air filter and a remap by someone decent (EFI parts or RS Tuning) you should see 140+bhp and 140+lbft of torque.
Thanks, what would you make of an engine swap to 2 litre? Any chassis/mount adjustment to make? Just straight line power I'm looking for, for overtaking and uphill pulling. Car pulls great on flat and revs high but turbo takes an age to kick in if you're under 3000.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
shouldn't do, that engine should be on full boost by 2000rpm tops. my last one could hit full by 1500rpm in the right gear.

engine swap is involved and will take a lot of working out but if you are handy with a spanner all doable. I'm currently fitting the F4rt 2.0ltr turbo in my twingo gt which had the 1.2 turbo engine in to start with 👍🏻

beanie sport will probably do the conversion to a 197 engine for you though as they already do clio 3 engine swaps to the F4rt.

Renault Clio 1.2tce
shouldn't do, that engine should be on full boost by 2000rpm tops. my last one could hit full by 1500rpm in the right gear.

engine swap is involved and will take a lot of working out but if you are handy with a spanner all doable. I'm currently fitting the F4rt 2.0ltr turbo in my twingo gt which had the 1.2 turbo engine in to start with 👍🏻

beanie sport will probably do the conversion to a 197 engine for you though as they already do clio 3 engine swaps to the F4rt.
Wow, the twingo will be a cracker with a 2litre! Aye, 2nd gear is great fun, will take me right up over 50 towards 60 before changing without red-lining and then you're up over motorway speed no bother in 3rd. It's just initial acceleration I'm looking for. I'll have a look at beanie sport, cheers

Renault Clio 1.2tce
I know you did a lot of work on your twingo 1.2tce. I'm really struggling to find how to get the fuel rail off on my Clio 1.2tce. Everyone makes it sound straightforward and Haynes just says "remove the 2 bolts etc"- I can't even see the 2 bolts! Advice/photos would be much appreciated or my upgrades are going to stumble to a halt with just the air filter, intercooler and off-the-shelf crap-map...Car's the daily driver btw.