ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Graphics card.

AK

M240i
Quick question :eek:.

Installed a graphics card into my NAS and when I watch something, every so often, normally when there's white playing, there's some vertical lines that appears.

Graphics card broken? Not installed right?

Clio 172 Cup
sounds like the dvi connection might be a little loose, the cables broken and have a loose connection (give it a wiggle see what happens) or the cards getting to hot and falling on its arse.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
It coult be a dodgy connection inside the computer (PCI slot), overheating casuing the GPU to become unsoldered for a second, underpowering due to a secondary power supply to the gfx card not bing connected, or perminant damage to the gfx card like a dry joint or cracked pcb track. Alternantively it could just be an incompatability between your monitor and the gfx card; have you tried lowering the resolution and also trying it on a different monitor (such as your tv maybe if you dont have another pc monitor)?

I would say its 95% likely to be the memory fucked. Send it back / download EVGA tuner. When you have that installed, underclock the RAM slightly and turn the fan control up to 100%.

TBH there's such limited information here that it could be a number of things.

It's like expecting actual William Wallace to explain a problem with his computer :(

RX7 FD
Just slightly off topic.... I thought a NAS (Network Attached Storage) was just an array of hard drives? I am not too sure why you would put a graphics card in one?

DCi
some people build small pc's with big hard drives, share it over the network and call it a nas. i guess AK is just trying to play things from his locally via a nearby tv or something...

AK

M240i
Yeah. It is a NAS, but it's got a graphics card in it for now as the plan was to utilise Raspberry PI and stream in 1080p, but there's only been limited stock of them released to date. Got one on back order though.

AK

M240i
TBH there's such limited information here that it could be a number of things.

It's like expecting actual William Wallace to explain a problem with his computer :(

Lol! I know :(. I'll take it out at the weekend and check connectors etc first, lol.