ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gravel tires for 172

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
Hello guys,

I have quite a bit of love for rally/cross events, and as the time now is such as the weather here in Lithuania blows (meaning snowish-rainish wet weather) I have a question. What are the best options for gravel road tires? For now I just rock the winter tires, and I have taller ones in front that in the back. I do want them to be R15, and I do not think we can go higher then 60 or 65 if I recall correctly.

Anyone else doing some rally practice?

Any good info appreciated!

phase 2 172
Our rally cross boys over here run extra cut slicks in competition, and run gravel tyres on gravel events. If you are using your car in competition you will be bound by the regulations as what you are allowed to use. If its a road car and you want a bit of fun on the lanes then it's standard mud and snow tyres you want. I think you can get 175/65/15 mud and snow tyres at sensible money. Narrow and a bit of give in the sidewalls.

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
Our rally cross boys over here run extra cut slicks in competition, and run gravel tyres on gravel events. If you are using your car in competition you will be bound by the regulations as what you are allowed to use. If its a road car and you want a bit of fun on the lanes then it's standard mud and snow tyres you want. I think you can get 175/65/15 mud and snow tyres at sensible money. Narrow and a bit of give in the sidewalls.

Sweet, yes I know for sure that for rallycross my buddy runs Avon slicks that are cut. But I want mine for this type of weather that is going on right now, just for practice. 65 fills the gap quite well!