ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

greasy patch on the drive

225 & Audi S4

can somebody help, today i found a greasy patch on the drive on the rear left, what is leaking?? only on that side?

took the car into renault on friday they could not find anything wrong, someone on the forum said it may be the dampner leak, as i have been experiencing problems with noise at the rear on the left especially when i am on uneven roads, the noise at the back it not normal, when i am on straight road it all seems fine, what could this be, the noise drives me mad, as it only comes from the rear left, its going to the garage back on monday, can anyone suggest to me what i should tell them to look for, and why it was leaking oil :(

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Shock absorber

The knocking you hear is probably because the damper has lost fluid so now has reduced rebound. My old GAZ coilovers did this. Sounded really really brash towards the end.

Wipe the shock absorbed clean with a paper towel and clean the whole area so its nice and dry and then keep an eye on it.

[Edited by CupCake on 6/18/2005 11:00:57 PM]

BMW M3

Yeh, My 182 suffered a leaking shock absorber (drivers rear) after only being 7 months old. If it is that, the shock absorber would normally be covered in oil but as renault didnt find anything i doubt it would be that...

i would be asking for the service manager if the car was just in on friday to have their experts look at it . maybe the tech was blind who looked at it lol

225 & Audi S4

At last the problem has been found you all were correct the problem with the car, it is the shock absorbers, both sides, the one on the left is the worse, and the right side is starting to leak, thanks guys for the help, at the moment my car is off the road, they say it is too unsafe to drive it, its staying in for night, as they have to order the part in, so hopefully have the car back by 5pm tommorrow.

the so called technicians couldnt find a problem on friday they checked everything and it was ok, two days later heavy leaking what a joke!!!!

BMW M3

Its a bit of a joke that an apparent qualified technician could not diagnose a leaking shock absorber that is usually noticable by looking under the car.

Glad to hear your car is back on the road.... mine was also in overnight and i was begining to miss it...

BMW M3

I was in my local renault dealer today and was thinking the very same thing. Some of them look fresh out of rehab !!!

BMW M3

very very true !!! That would be brilliant to have specialized centres that the technicians take pride in and know lots about when servicing the renault sport models.

Today, when i gave my local dealer the reg of my car when booking it in for a service, the computer apparently said it was a 172 whereas mine is a 182. However, when i told them it was a 182, they couldnt accpet it and asked if i was sure..... eer, like i would know the model of my own car. I beggers belief !!!