ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Great, lets open more doors for paupers

CBR1000RR Fireblade
SRS?

my iphone 4 is £20.50, i paid nothing upfront and i keep the phone.

how is o2's deal even going to work ?

morons

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't see how that is even remotely a good deal - weren't o2 offering iPhone 4S' for £99 with a £39/mth contract? Granted, it was 24 months IIRC, and there is the initial outlay, but I can't see how that is at all appealing?

Suppose the lbrench's of the world might be interested though.

I don't see how that is even remotely a good deal - weren't o2 offering iPhone 4S' for £99 with a £39/mth contract? Granted, it was 24 months IIRC, and there is the initial outlay, but I can't see how that is at all appealing?

£55 x12 = £660

£39 x24 + £99 = £1035

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It's not that bad really as it includes a bundle.

£55 x12. Upgrade.

you can pay £660 over 12 months and upgrade like you mentioned, but hand the phone back.

or on my 24 month iphone 4 plan with vodafone it works out i pay £492 over 24 months AND keep the handset.

thats me having a contract longer, but its £168 cheaper overall AND i keep the handset at the end.

o2's stupid IMO, i bet some cabbages go for it though

That's not a standard 4S deal though, is it?

It's pointless comparing random deals with old phones or because your next door neighbours cats friend got you a discount.

A 4S for £21.50 a month gets you 100mins, 500 texts and the handset is £299.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
ive had my iphone 4 since launch, £0 upfront (i gave a nokia 6220 classic in instead) 600 mins, 1 GB data and unlimited texts for £20.50 a month.

granted its not a 4s and my price plan is the reason i didnt upgrade to a 4s but thats not the point here.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Valid point.

however, if it was me i would still opt to own the handset. this is just me, i dont like PCP deals either because i like to own things rather than rent them.

(my opinion)

i can see this working for people with bad credit ratings etc but i reckon they will try steal the phones / not pay bills anyway

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I guess the figures do work out cheaper, I look at it from the POV that I get to own an iPhone outright for a small initial cost (I could get a 16GB for free with o2 via upgrade, but wanted a 64GB) and then my contract is circa £30/month, as opposed to paying £55 for a year to borrow a phone.

I assume you get to keep the phone if you choose to upgrade to a contract after the 12 months, but don't get a new handset?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
You're basically leasing the phone any way under a contract. You're not paying the full amount up front for the phone. The only way you'll own it quickly outright is to do what I do, which is to buy it SIM-free.

Monaro VXR
Don't O2 offer 12 month iPhone contracts now? I know I got one when I upgraded to a 4S.

So with that in mind look at the iPhone contracts. £47 a month gets you 900 minutes, unlimited text and 500mb of data. So £564 for the 12 month contract.

A 16GB 4S is bugger all on contract say £99 based on the 18 month option being £49, can't actually get the 12 month prices for a 16GB now for some reason. So £664 for the same deal and you own the phone at the end of 12 months which is worth roughly £300 when you sell it on. So £4 more and you get a better contract and own the phone.

Absolutely pointless even buying them sim free when you get a 12 month contract now. I know when I worked out how much my 64GB would be + a £20 simplicity tariff it came to more than getting it via a 12 month contract paying £42 a month. Which is what I was paying in the first place so just a case of buying the phone. Which my old 32GB 4 when I sold it, paid for. So in reality my 4S has nothing to upgrade to, as I would have kept the contract going anyway.

The thing with iPhones, once you have bought into them. Due to them keeping their money and being usually worth around £300 even on envirophone etc. It means it is not that expensive to trade up to the newer model.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Thinking about it, this isn't for the poor at all. It is for businesses.

Most people abuse work phones and don't look after them so that's one reason and another is long contracts in the current economic climate.

Contracts like this will suit companies Down to a tea, I have had a change of heart and I think that O2 will make Alot of money from this when it's open to companies.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Businesses can get blackberrys free on cheap contracts, why would they pay a premium for iPhones?

For my iPhone 4 with Vodafone last April I paid £180, 12 month contract and £45 a month. Works out £5 more a month then the o2 deal but at least I can sell my phone at the end of it! (Already have sold it for £300 and bought a 4s) - it seems there is a lot of companies advertising leasing nowadays - I think this will be the become the norm sadly.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
When will BrightHouse be stocking them?

LOL, i was joking with mum about buying a TV from them.

Phillips TV, 42 inch £1500 (£1000 too much to begin with) £5280 over 3 years. Little wonder the world is fucked.

The only conclusion I came to was that the only custom they must get is people on benefits or the monumentally retarded.

I'd wager their advertising is scheduled to go on air around the time of day Jeremy Kyle is on.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Good idea really.

Let's be honest insurance from a provider is quite a bit anyway, 750minutes a month would normally be £40 a month (although in fairness that includes a partial subsidy of the handset) so you're paying £15 a month to 'rent' the phone with insurance.

Listerine & Poledo
It's not the worst idea a network has fielded.

It'll certainly draw attention from the tech-needy.