ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greatest sounding machines.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve always contested that the late 90s and early 2000s were the golden era of motorsport. Unlimited money leading to incredibly advanced engineering yet still being mostly traditional and with fantastic racing.

V10 screamers in F1, almost every car in the WRC was a serious piece of kit with a shot at winning stages, Vipers and McLarens at Le Mans... it was a fantastic time.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I’ve always contested that the late 90s and early 2000s were the golden era of motorsport. Unlimited money leading to incredibly advanced engineering yet still being mostly traditional and with fantastic racing.

V10 screamers in F1, almost every car in the WRC was a serious piece of kit with a shot at winning stages, Vipers and McLarens at Le Mans... it was a fantastic time.
Everything from that era looked fantastic as well.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

Not just motorsport, road cars too.

Homologation rules ftw.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Sadly the future of motorsport is going to sound like this, especially when manufactures are involved which covers the vast majority of it:

As much as I want to save the planet, part of the draw of motorsport for me is the sound, especially when attending circuit!

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I keep thinking of others. Rod Millens 1000bhp Tacoma sounds ace but moreso looks like it would break wrists trying to keep it in a straight line.
Probably not one for the greatest sounds but definitely one of the coolest cars (or truck) that I know of.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
That’s an awesome video [emoji23] I don’t mean to blow my own trumpet but I’ve had a passenger trip in a typhoon, was f**king epic.
Waaaaahhh???

So jealous mate! Bet it was amazing. Where from, Coningsby? Are you in the military then?

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yes mate based at Coningsby on various squadrons since 2017, had a passenger trip in May 19. About to leave the RAF after nearly ten years.
Ace mate, what an experience for you.

Did you have to be trained before you could go up in one? Did you go low level at all?

I've got a scanner so I sit listening into comms all day haha. Not had any Typhoons low level for a while here in North Wales, think they're banned from certain areas of the low fly area around the Mach Loop.

Bmw 330d
Ace mate, what an experience for you.

Did you have to be trained before you could go up in one? Did you go low level at all?

I've got a scanner so I sit listening into comms all day haha. Not had any Typhoons low level for a while here in North Wales, think they're banned from certain areas of the low fly area around the Mach Loop.
Had to attend a few safety briefs, be fitted up with kit and equipment then attend a medical. Was about a days worth of ticking boxes before I could go. I’m originally from Liverpool so we did an approach into Liverpool airport then flew low level down the Mersey and out to Blackpool/morecambe. Was epic!

Ah cool, yeah I heard about the Mach loop ban I think somebody was a naughty boy from what I heard 😂

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Had to attend a few safety briefs, be fitted up with kit and equipment then attend a medical. Was about a days worth of ticking boxes before I could go. I’m originally from Liverpool so we did an approach into Liverpool airport then flew low level down the Mersey and out to Blackpool/morecambe. Was epic!

Ah cool, yeah I heard about the Mach loop ban I think somebody was a naughty boy from what I heard [emoji23]
Class mate, a once in a lifetime opportunity. Yes someone put the burners on at low level which is a major no no apparently. Lol

Think the pilots have been told to pack it in and avoid the loop now if they can. Think Most Typhoons will fly the Lake District and Pennines now which is a shame, is what it is I guess.

Any chance you can get me a flight in one hahaha!

Bmw 330d
Class mate, a once in a lifetime opportunity. Yes someone put the burners on at low level which is a major no no apparently. Lol

Think the pilots have been told to pack it in and avoid the loop now if they can. Think Most Typhoons will fly the Lake District and Pennines now which is a shame, is what it is I guess.

Any chance you can get me a flight in one hahaha!
Yeah there was a video on Twitter of him arseing about 😂

If I could I would, it was epic. Definitely a once in a lifetime and the highlight of my career for sure!

406 V6, Race Buggy
Bit of an old one but v12 rally 205:

And with a V16

Greatest? Maybe not, but you certainly don't forget hearing them. Like an RC car on crack.

I was on the beach on the east coast when the Vulcan came back on it's last flight for landing - the guy came over the sea about 300ft up, lit the afterburners, put it in a full climb and just gave us an impromtu airshow, rolls, loops, everything, for about 15 minutes - the heli filming him just tried to keep up then noped the f**k out of the way.
The sound was glorious. I think he got in trouble for that, said he'd still do it again if he got the chance :D

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I’m not majorly into Jet Aircraft noise as I spend most of my working day in around them when the engines are running.

However there is only a few jet aircraft that I find makes an interesting noise.

First the Gloster Meteor which makes a very distinctive noise.

The A10 Thunderbolt which you can easily pick out in the distance when either flying or firing it’s huge gun.

And the Harrier which is a very high pitched noise.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member

Interesting the sound of the cameras firing at the plane in this clip, the photographers are there shooting the plane but in a different kind of way. It’s almost an art statement.

These photographers should have a camera mounted to an anti-aircraft gun. Could get a close up of an ASM.